First DIY PC

Crymatix

Hey guys,

Finally, I decided to step up my game and put away that potato-powered dinosaur in exchange for a self-built gaming PC. But, as I am quite inexperienced in doing so, I kindly request your help in this to make me aware of possible problems and such. I already have a setup, but I'd like someone that is not as noobish as me to at least look over it, in case I created a monster.

I live in germany and with my current setup, I'm at the top of my budget range, that would be 1000€, roughly 1100 USD. With parts from a local site (mindfactory.de), which is quite competitive with pricings, I managed the setup listed below. The PC is designed mainly for gaming and should bw able to play current titles on high/ultra settings with about 50 FPS, I really don't need it to go beyond that. This all will be happening with my 1080p monitor and there is no 4K or sth. like that planned. Within that budget, I also got a copy of win7, which i most likely will updat to 10 instantly.

Setup:

CPU:

AMD FX Series FX-8350 (So.AM3+) (169€)

Cooler:

EKL Alpenföhn Sella (130W) (18€)

GPU:

4096MB Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1 (355€)

RAM:

8GB Corsair Vengeance (DDR3-1600) (46€)

PSU:
550 Watt Corsair VS Series Non-Modular (45€)

SSD:

240GB Intel 535 Series (100€)

HDD:
1TB Seagate Desktop (43€)

Mainboard:

MSI 970 Gaming AMD 970 (So.AM3+) (96€)

Case:

NZXT H440 (I find it absolutely gorgeous) (133€)

Soooo, what do you think about this? is there something that doesn't work or are some parts simply not ideal? Big thanks already!

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/ exists for a reason c: so give me a moment to make a better list.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€172.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  (€51.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€87.48 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€50.93 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  (€317.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€119.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€100.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €981.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 18:56 CET+0100

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

i would go for the R9 390 from sapphire or XFX since its better than the gtx 970 and in some cases even cheaper (or more expensive :P)

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

i would go for the R9 390 from sapphire or XFX since its better than the gtx 970 and in some cases even cheaper (or more expensive :P)

and get a 650 watt psu then (keep in mind the R9 390 is not power hungry the 970 is just so efficiënt )

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Thanks for the fast input :)

I looked up the R9 390 and saw a lot of people criticizing the heat management of it. I don't really know if I want that, as it also appears to somewhat ineffeicient in terms of energy usage. If you really think, I could need a little more GPU power, could it be more practical to use 2 (for example 960s), as they would pretty much cost the same as one 970 because of good deal atm?