500$ Budget Editing Rig

Lavish

Hey, me again, I'm planning on building a pc for my brother for Christmas to help with his YouTube channel. His budget is 500$ and im wanting to get the best for what I can. This is primarily a editing rig so no dual cores, and he will only play games like gmod, minecraft, csgo, and maybe tf2. I already have a Noctua NH D15, but feel free to add in a cpu cooler cause im hesitant to let it go :P He really wants a White theme, and a s340 would be awesome. Thanks in advance (Im cool with amd btw)

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

Hey, me again, I'm planning on building a pc for my brother for Christmas to help with his YouTube channel. His budget is 500$ and im wanting to get the best for what I can. This is primarily a editing rig so no dual cores, and he will only play games like gmod, minecraft, csgo, and maybe tf2. I already have a Noctua NH D15, but feel free to add in a cpu cooler cause im hesitant to let it go :P He really wants a White theme, and a s340 would be awesome. Thanks in advance (Im cool with amd btw)

Can you increase budget? It will be better to surprise him :P

Here you go: 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($97.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($88.99 @ Directron)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury White 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($43.49 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 270 2GB Video Card  ($149.00 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($51.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $548.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-03 23:50 EST-0500

Even though you might be cool with amd, amd is not cool to begin with... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: just kidding of course 

is it fine if you can't have the s340 in the build because I am just compiling a great $500 build with another case

That might be a difficult budget for an editing rig.

is it fine if you can't have the s340 in the build because I am just compiling a great $500 build with another case

Sure, but it would be nice if the case was white :P

Even though you might be cool with amd, amd is not cool to begin with... :lol:  :lol:  :lol: just kidding of course 

Lol

Can you increase budget? It will be better to surprise him :P

500 is really my max until further notice, but feel free to add a 600$ option if you wish, the budget may change as the year advances.

That might be a difficult budget for an editing rig.

Yeah, thats why I turned to LTT!

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Sure, but it would be nice if the case was white :P

500 is really my max until further notice, but feel free to add a 600$ option if you wish, the budget may change as the year advances.

Yeah, thats why I turned to LTT!

Wow, it's really dificult to make a $500 editing rig, the rig i posted is a bit over your budget, but at least is a b/w build :P

CPU: AMD FX-8320E 3.2GHz 8-Core Processor  ($126.99 @ NCIX US) 

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($89.78 @ OutletPC) 

Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: NZXT Source 210 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Directron) 

Total: $361.63

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 16:29 EST-0500

I didn't include a GPU. To explain as to why, I highly recommend picking up a used or refurbished GPU to keep some power in a decent budget. You can of course go ahead and grab a new GTX 950 or something, but why grab a GTX 950 when you could get a used GTX 770 for $150?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

If you over clock the 265 or spend a few bucks more on the gpu and use a cheaper case this might be good enough

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54460) | $172.89 @ OutletPC 
**Motherboard** | [MSI H81M-E34 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h81me34) | $50.89 @ OutletPC 
**Memory** | [Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-bls2k4g3d169ds3) | $34.99 @ Amazon 
**Storage** | [seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/seagate-internal-hard-drive-st1000dm003) | $44.89 @ OutletPC 
**Video Card** | [sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-100370l) | $93.98 @ Newegg 
**Case** | [NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-cas340ww1) | $64.99 @ Micro Center 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cs450m) | $24.99 @ Newegg 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | Total (before mail-in rebates) | $537.62
 | Mail-in rebates | -$50.00
 | **Total** | **$487.62**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2015-11-04 18:04 EST-0500 |

First look up and see what I made and I wanted to tell you that I made a build similar to this a few days ago and I can run benchmarks for you if you'd like

First look up and see what I made and I wanted to tell you that I made a build similar to this a few days ago and I can run benchmarks for you if you'd like

Not to be a bother, but that would be great!