Can I move my copy of windows to another PC?

Hi there I'm building a new pc and I'm looking to save some money so I was wondering if I could save some money by taking the copy of windows 8.1 from my laptop a moving it onto my new pc. Is this possible? if so how do you do it? I would appreciate any help and no I don't care if this doesn't allow me to use the copy of windows on my laptop any more.

The laptop license is most likely an OEM license tied to the hardware, so you will have difficulty moving it to another computer.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

will i be able to use the windows install discs that came with it and just buy a cd key online

will i be able to use the windows install discs that came with it and just buy a cd key online

Full Windows discs or recovery discs?

If you buy a license key you can download the installer or ISO image for free, I think.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

full windows

Ok, didn't realize laptops these days came with full installation discs for Windows, last time I bought one it only came with factory default recovery discs.

If the license key matches up with the version of Windows on the discs it should work.