Laptop for LAN Parties

KingKeith55

I often have LAN parties between my friends, and we usually rotate who's place we stay and play at. Noone has the space to haul a desktop around, and unfortunately we aren't always at my house where I have my gaming PC. 

Anyways what I am looking for is a laptop that will do 60fps@1366x768 at Medium settings in source games such as TF2 and in CoD games like WaW. Nothing too demanding. My budget is in Canadian dollars, and I am open to any suggestions. Just keep in mind I don't want to spend too much unless it's absolutely needed. So anything under 500 dollars is great.

But one request (Unless it's their new supposedly good HD Graphics):

Please no Intel SD Graphics (Shit Definition for those who are wondering). And I would preferably like a 15.6 inch screen size. 

any laptop

my core DUO laptop @ 2ghz can do that.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

any laptop

my core DUO laptop @ 2ghz can do that.

Ehh not true.

My Shitcer Aspire 5742 can't and it has an older i3. It just get's to 90c at the lowest settings no matter what I do to benefit the cooling. Cleaned it out many times and after 10 minutes it just thermal throttles or shuts off.

Also my friend's pentium laptop can only play TF2 and WaW at the lowest settings barely pushing 30 fps.

I often have LAN parties between my friends, and we usually rotate who's place we stay and play at. Noone has the space to haul a desktop around, and unfortunately we aren't always at my house where I have my gaming PC. 

Anyways what I am looking for is a laptop that will do 60fps@1366x768 at Medium settings in source games such as TF2 and in CoD games like WaW. Nothing too demanding. My budget is in Canadian dollars, and I am open to any suggestions. Just keep in mind I don't want to spend too much unless it's absolutely needed. So anything under 500 dollars is great.

Please no Intel SD Graphics (Shit Definition for those who are wondering). And I would preferably like a 15.6 inch screen size. 

Any AMD APU laptop 8 or 10 should work

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Ehh not true.

My Shitcer Aspire 5742 can't and it has an older i3. It just get's to 90c at the lowest settings no matter what I do to benefit the cooling. Cleaned it out many times and after 10 minutes it just thermal throttles or shuts off.

Also my friend's pentium laptop can only play TF2 and WaW at the lowest settings barely pushing 30 fps.

Can you increase your budget? Sell that acer lappy if you can (try to sell it around 200 cad)

Can you increase your budget? Sell that acer lappy if you can (try to sell it around 200 cad)

That's what I was gonna sell it at.

I have no money right now, I am getting 300 dollars for christmas

adding 200 only gets me 500.

Also, not sure if real but:

http://www.amazon.ca/HP-15-g018dx-15-6-Laptop-Quad-Core/dp/B00MQ9L6BA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1446527243&sr=1-1

I find intel HD graphics to have huge throttling issues. Maybe they fixed it, I don't know. I had 3 different laptops with HD graphics and all had bad thermal throttling.

That's why im so bitter around it.

the most recent generations of intel iGPUs have been amazing in performance and power efficiency

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I find intel HD graphics to have huge throttling issues. Maybe they fixed it, I don't know. I had 3 different laptops with HD graphics and all had bad thermal throttling.

That's why im so bitter around it.

dunno then, my HD3000 keep doning 99%

Key Switches Guide | LLT Beginner Guide | GPU TDP & Power Consumption Explained | PSU Tier

s a d b o y s 2 0 0 1

Now I am faced with the decision: Buy a laptop for LAN parties or get a new monitor instead of using my CRT.

this kinda makes me feel bad i have a alienware x17 collecting dust =p