Custom loop in an 800D help

I'm planing (when my next pay check comes) to put a custom loop in my 800D, and I would like some advice, I was looking at stuff from XSPC (really like there stuff) I was thinking A x20 750 bayres/pump in black, and a 60mm RX 360 rad with push pull fans... I still need to come up with what CPU block, GPU blocks, (don't know if I'm gonna get new gpus yet) and some place I can buy this stuff and have it shipped out here in Alberta.... Full specs of my rig should be in my signature, if anybody has any advice let me know...

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

Check www.frozencpu.com as they carry a bunch of kits that are very good, XSPC , Aquatuning, etc. The XSPC are great value.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Your choice of parts depends on what you plan to cool and the choice of your fans.

The RX 360 is a excellent radiator if you run lower speed fans.

I wouldn't recommend the XSPC bay res, it's not too powerful, the quality is lower than their competiton, can be quite loud and vibrate.

I would go after the Swiftech PWM DDC or the Swiftech D5 vario with a choice of your res.

For the CPU block I would go with the XSPC Raystorm as it has excellent performance and flow as seen in martins tests. http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/09/26/i7-2600k-cpu-xspc-raystorm/

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16894/ex-wat-222/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX360_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310 looks like what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure how that would fair with 2 GPU blocks thrown in...

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16894/ex-wat-222/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RX360_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310 looks like what I'm looking for' date=' but I'm not sure how that would fair with 2 GPU blocks thrown in...[/quote']

I feel the flow flow would end up on the flow side and paying extra for the D5 kit will give you better quality equipment which will last much longer.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16071/ex-wat-211/XSPC_Raystorm_EX360_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_D5_Variant_Pump_Included_and_Free_Dead-Water_.html?tl=g30c321s1310

is there a kit like that with a 60mm thick rad?

Yes, but it is out of stock currently at frozencpu.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17639/ex-wat-230/XSPC_Raystorm_RX360_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_D5_Variant_Pump_Included_and_Free_Dead-Water_.html?tl=g30c321s1310

I should be picking up the kit that kawaii just posted here soon, looks like an excellent kit for my needs.

For $40 there isn't that much performance gain and as said above it's currently out of stock.

Q5czl.png

Pink Donut please read this before you make a purchase. As a Canadian buying from FrozenCpu or PPCS you are going to be hit by massive brokerage fees (Ive received bills up to 300$ in brokerage) . Try your best to buy from the locals first before you buy outside. Dazmode.com and NCIX are too good sites within Canada that sell watercooling. Also try Aquatuning.us.

Pink Donut please read this before you make a purchase. As a Canadian buying from FrozenCpu or PPCS you are going to be hit by massive brokerage fees (Ive received bills up to 300$ in brokerage) . Try your best to buy from the locals first before you buy outside. Dazmode.com and NCIX are too good sites within Canada that sell watercooling. Also try Aquatuning.us.

well thanks for telling me this.... I would always prefer to buy local, if I can... but most local places have dick all for stock....

Most I ever got hit was for about $25 - just make sure you ship via USPS and NOT UPS or Fedex...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

For $40 there isn't that much performance gain and as said above it's currently out of stock.

the difference would probably be more noticable with 2 GPU's in the loop :P

Basically most of the pumps are rebranded Laing models - you would want the D5 variable one. That way you can turn the flow down a bit. Also rmember, if you are thinking of adding in one but especially two GPU's, you will need another Rad to help get rid of heat.

It doesn't even need to be a kit either, I just thought A kit would be easier, and as far as bayres/pumps, I couldn't think of a great place in the 800D to stick a pump, there isn't much room in the basement, (unless you wan to block the only air intake in the case) So I thought A bayres/pump would be the answer, I also wanted something with a similar finish to the front of the 800D

Also rmember' date=' if you are thinking of adding in one but especially two GPU's, you will need another Rad to help get rid of heat.[/quote']

That might be tough, I don't know if I could get a 120mm rad in the back when I'll have a 60mm think rad in the top push pull

OC3D did a review on this case some time ago... This is Part 1 of 5 I think...

OC3D did a review on this case some time ago... This is Part 1 of 5 I think...

yah I watched it, he only talked about a 360 rad in the top... he never talked about a 140 in the back, or a 140 in the mid plate...

If you take the drive bays out of the basement you can put a 240mm rad in there IIRC.

CPU: 3570K Clocked at 4.5 Ghz | MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro | GPU: GTX 780 SLI | RAM: Corsair DDR3 1600 16Gb | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | PSU: Silverstone ST75F-P 750w | DISPLAY : Asus PB278Q & Dell U2412M | SSD : Samsung 840 240GB | HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM | MOUSE : Logitech G700s | MOUSEPAD : Steelseries QCK+ | KEYBOARD : WASD V1 Semi-Custom Cherry MX Blue | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z623 | HEADPHONES : Beyerdynamic Custome One Pro w/ mic. Attachment

If you take the drive bays out of the basement you can put a 240mm rad in there IIRC.

that might not be a bad idea...

so where I sit now: Raystorm CPU block, and heatkiller GPU blocks (6970), A D5 bayres/pump, and an RX360 in the top, can I fit an RX 240 in the bottom?

I'm also trying to think of fans... I would prefer black fram red led fans.. I was thinking bit phoenix fans, but I'm not sure...

I am running a custom loop in my 800D feel free to message me with questions during your build.

so where I sit now: Raystorm CPU block' date=' and heatkiller GPU blocks (6970), A D5 bayres/pump, and an RX360 in the top, can I fit an RX 240 in the bottom? I'm also trying to think of fans... I would prefer black fram red led fans.. I was thinking bit phoenix fans, but I'm not sure...[/quote']

Yes, plenty of room.