Do's and Don'ts of applying for a job

Flashie

Considering getting myself my first job at an IT shop this December holidays since we have like a 4 week long holiday during Christmas -

So what would you say is some of the best selling points to make you "The Best Candidate" for a job as an IT Technician? 

If you have experience in such things, and job interviews (or just wanna share a funny story related to this) feel free to share :)!

show enthusiasm in pc's, small talk about what you've achieved with them like a build, also what do on them for fun like modding games, or configuring. 

If u help people with them maybe mention that, just show who you are and why you like pc's so much.

Current Build : 

CASE: Fractal Design R4 w/Window CPU: Intel 4930K,  RAM: 16GB Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz  Cooling: H100i  MotherBoard: Asus P9x79 Pro , PSU: CS750M   Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb , 1Tb Seagate Barracuda, 500GB WD Black,  Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce 3GB,  Monitors: AOC G2460PG ( G sync monitor), Edge10 24" 1080p , 24" 1680*1020p monitor ( LCD)  Microphone: Blue Yeti  Keyboard: Cougar 700k  Phone: Samsung Note 3  Headphones: Sennheiser HD598

Laptop:

CPU: 
4710MQ  Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Storage:120Gb 840 Evo + 1Tb 5400Rpm HDD  Graphics: GTX 850M 2GB   Screen: 1080p IPS  

If you apply online, not having an email address like "Bedazzlecats69@aol.com" is the first thing that comes to mind

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

To be honest, to be good at interviews it takes some experience to be good at it.

• What they care most.
  •  
  • If you're reliable. Hours and flexibility. Can we call you in on days we're short with staff?
  •  
  • What you can do for the company that may surpass other candidates (like knowledge in IT or sales if there are any)
  •  
  • Why you want the job.
  •  
  • Personality fits the job environment or the position.
  •  
  • Enthusiasm and excited to learn and expand from your what you know now.

Being confident and being yourself helps a lot.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx