Need DIY Painting Advice

Rashy

So i recently rummaged through my attic and found a longboard (skateboard but longer, afaik its used for downhill runs but idk) and i want to paint it. So i removed the wheels and started washing the whole board. Of course i had to get the neon green wood paint off so i had a clean wood to paint on, so i sanded it. Mistake? Probably. The Sandpaper i used was Alumunium Oxide AA320, a little too smooth for sanding out paint. 1 Meter and 1 Hour passed since i began sanding it off. I ran out of sand paper. Theres a paint store near my house that i can walk to tomorrow noon but my question is:

Do i keep sanding it with a rougher sandpaper

OR

Do i use paint thinner

Because the paint seemed thick and i thought sanding would be a longer process but refined. I want a clean wood in the end. My plan is to paint The Great Wave off Kanagawa on the bottom of the board, using acrylic paint.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Paint thinner is for diluting paint before use. What you want is paint stripper. I'd recommend trying a coarser grain of sandpaper before pulling out the chemicals. p120 should get it off pretty quick. Change up to something like p400 or p800 even to get a good finish ready for painting.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Paint thinner is for diluting paint before use. What you want is paint stripper. I'd recommend trying a coarser grain of sandpaper before pulling out the chemicals. p120 should get it off pretty quick. Change up to something like p400 or p800 even to get a good finish ready for painting.

ill look into that tomorrow. thx

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct