Looking for new battery for my corsair vengance 2000

Satanich

Hi,after wroting a ticket to corsair theyr answer was"We regret to inform you that the battery is not sold separately"OK!

I just spent 140 euros and after 2 damn years this shitty product is giving me so mutch trouble that i really want to crush it into the wall....i'm gonna buy new headset anyway(this time no shitty wireless)but what i'm asking is your help to find this battery on the web,i'm from italy so only shipping inside Europe...anyway the battery name is:OceanSun 3.7V 680mAh.The funny thing is only corsair don't sell battery replacement,i mean,they will replace it only if you still have warranty  :lol: 

Thanks for your help 

P.S seriously,don't buy headset from corsair,all new brands have same issues as old brands,just go in theyr forum and you will see

P.P.S the micro usb is damaged,i can recharge only if i press the cable really hard on the left corner of the usb port and holding all with an elastic......

can it works even if the battery is not the same?i'm gonna put 2 screenshot of the battery 

http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14bojdi&s=9#.VjP5Rvl_NBc

http://it.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=11rauit&s=9#.VjP5R_l_NBc

-SNIP-

Welcome to the Forums!

You would need to replace it since it's a lipo battery so you will need to source one of the same voltage and similar capacity but it needs to have a charge protection circuit (the PCB along the battery) with the new unit.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/341

http://www.adafruit.com/products/1578

Edited by W-L

Batteries are pretty much universal. You can get just about any battery that is rechargeable and is 3.7V and fits your form factor. mAH is just how long the battery lasts or how much of a charge it holds.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Hi,after wroting a ticket to corsair theyr answer was"We regret to inform you that the battery is not sold separately"OK!

I just spent 140 euros and after 2 damn years this shitty product is giving me so mutch trouble that i really want to crush it into the wall....

P.S seriously,don't buy headset from corsair,all new brands have same issues as old brands,just go in theyr forum and you will see

You do realize that proprietary, non-servicable batteries is not a thing exclusive to Corsair, right?  It's very common with headsets of all types.  2 years is a pretty long time. 

i'm gonna buy new headset anyway(this time no shitty wireless)

If you're going to buy a new headset any way, why bother searching for a battery?  Sounds like needless stress to me. 

P.P.S the micro usb is damaged,i can recharge only if i press the cable really hard on the left corner of the usb port and holding all with an elastic......

If the circuit board is damaged, you'll have to replace that, too.  The odds of finding a new replacement is extraordinarily low. I would bet my paycheck against it. 

Look on eBay or second-hand websites... such as whatever the European equivalent is to Craigslist.org. 

Best advice:  Just buy a new headset. Buy wireless if you don't like cords (neither do I) but re-adjust your expectations.  You'll need to eventually replace the next wireless one you buy, too.  Nothing lasts forever. 

thanks alot for the response!since the battery cost less than 20 and new headset at least good one cost arround 100 i want to try first to buy new battery...anyway the problems start after a couple of months.i blame  myself for not doing an rma before...anyway other mother house such as logitech,plantronic,and sennheiser sell new battery in theyr own site.Only corsair don't or other few brands but it's just a lame,i mean,i spent 130-140 euros and i'm asking only for a new battery....anyway thanks alot i will let you know if new battery fix the problem.

For the micro usb problem i know how to fix it but sadly i don't have the tools for doing it...

another thing,my battery have 3 cables caming out of the battery,but what you link to me have only 2,does it make any difference in compatibility?(i mean, if it fit inside his slot)

thanks alot for the response!since the battery cost less than 20 and new headset at least good one cost arround 100 i want to try first to buy new battery...anyway the problems start after a couple of months.i blame  myself for not doing an rma before...anyway other mother house such as logitech,plantronic,and sennheiser sell new battery in theyr own site.Only corsair don't or other few brands but it's just a lame,i mean,i spent 130-140 euros and i'm asking only for a new battery....anyway thanks alot i will let you know if new battery fix the problem.

For the micro usb problem i know how to fix it but sadly i don't have the tools for doing it...

another thing,my battery have 3 cables caming out of the battery,but what you link to me have only 2,does it make any difference in compatibility?(i mean, if it fit inside his slot)

That can potentially be an issue depending on what the third wire is I assume it will most likely be a temp probe for when charging so the charge controller circuit elsewhere knows if it's getting too hot. I'm not sure if the circuit will work without it so it's hard to say.

That can potentially be an issue depending on what the third wire is I assume it will most likely be a temp probe for when charging so the charge controller circuit elsewhere knows if it's getting too hot. I'm not sure if the circuit will work without it so it's hard to say.

it's a charging controll,turn on the led on the headset when charging and make the "beep"sound when going low on battery.Other than changing the battery i'm gonna ask for an micro-usb replacement.On sunday i will be able to ask this guy if he can repair it(hope the shop is open xD)i'll let you know

P.S on corsair forum users are getting so mutch trouble with old and new wireless headset that i'm seriously thinking corsair trick us all..

P.P.S i sent 2 weeks ago  an e-mail to the mother house that produce the type of battery inside my headset(oceansun)they didn't respond yet..GJ .-.

• 9 months later...

Hey guys check out my tutorial i just made for replacing the battery!