no partitions showing

Kira0172
Go to solution Solved by jimakos234,

What after that? And what do you mean disk problem

after that i would try again the disk.It may got damaged/faulty

Hi,

Families pc didnt boot.

Put the hd in my pc, formatted with "format as".

Now I put the hd back in, start from bootable usb and it says it cannot find station. There are no partitions and my only option is to browse to find a driver of some sort.

Its a preinstalled pc, what the heck do I do? Cant find the driver, its an asus pc. Can check more info if you ask me.

Hi,

Families pc didnt boot.

Put the hd in my pc, formatted with "format as".

Now I put the hd back in, start from bootable usb and it says it cannot find station. There are no partitions and my only option is to browse to find a driver of some sort.

Its a preinstalled pc, what the heck do I do? Cant find the driver, its an asus pc. Can check more info if you ask me.

You put their Hard Drive in your PC and formatted it?

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

You put their Hard Drive in your PC and formatted it?

Yes, the way you format a usb drive.

So I assume it deleted something on the hd that wouldnt be deleted if Id do a proper format, I know.

Yes, the way you format a usb drive.

So I assume it deleted something on the hd that wouldnt be deleted if Id do a proper format, I know.

Im not 100% sure but if it was formatted i would say you borked the data on that drive

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Im not 100% sure but if it was formatted i would say you borked the data on that drive

I don't care about the actual data if that is what you mean. If you mean the important stuff that bricks a hardrive when it gets deleted, then does thst mean theres nothing I can do?

I don't care about tje actual fata if that is what you mean. If you mean the important stuff that bricks a hardrive when it gets deleted, then does thst mean theres nothing I can do?

what did you format it as? NTFS?

did you format as ntfs?

what did you format it as? NTFS?

The default, just clicked format. I highly assume its ntfs then?

The default, just clicked format. I highly assume its ntfs then?

most likely, but i would do a quick format as ntfs once more just to validate that i didnt make something wrong, and it might be a disk's problem

The site has changed....

most likely, but i would do a quick format as ntfs once more just to validate that i didnt make something wrong, and it might be a disk's problem

after that i would try again the disk.It may got damaged/faulty

The site has changed....