Corrupted windows install Now what?

TheTiv

My laptop was installing windows on its 500gb HDD and it got stuck for 12 hours I held the power button and windows install corrupted . When I turn it on I get a blue screen saying Win32 failed to load . Didn't need anything on it. Just want it to work.

Was reinstalling windows 10 but want to downgrade it to 7 so now is a good time?

snippity snip snip

Reinstall windows.

/thread

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Reinstall windows.

/thread

Just delete the HDD and install and usual right?

Just delete the HDD and install and usual right?

Get a bootable USB or Disc install.

Boot from it in your BIOS

During the installation process choose advanced installation and format your main hard drive.

Then install.

Should be the easiest way.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

If your key has already been converted then I believe you are stuck with windows 10 as it invalids your old key, if you create a windows 10 install disc / usb then you should be able to install windows 10 as the key is stored onboard not in registry like win7

does it bluescreen, or get stuck after you hit enter? If it does the latter, try booting into safe mode. you can also insert boot media and click "repair my windows installation".

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.