physics problem help

spwath

OK,I got everything, other than one question:

If a car is going at 15mph, how will it's air resistance compare when going 30mph? And 45mph?

Now I know it will be larger, but I could not tell the relationship.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

nvm

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

will  be 4 times as much

equation for air resistance uses v^2, so v1^2/v2^2 gives the multiplier

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

OK,I got everything, other than one question:

If a car is going at 15mph, how will it's air resistance compare when going 30mph? And 45mph?

Now I know it will be larger, but I could not tell the relationship.

Just put "my car doesn't have gas in it so it can't even do 15mph" and you are going to be fine.

will be 4 times as much

equation for air resistance uses v^2, so v1^2/v2^2 gives the multiplier

That's what I was thinking

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

faq-wvsa-2.jpg

since the air density and object do not change, and the coefficient is a constant, it is only dependent on velocity

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Is this literally the whole question, no table or anything? How many marks are available and what level are you working at?

Yes, based on the lab we did determining air resistance for coffee filters.

Marks?

Level is 11th grade honors physics

faq-wvsa-2.jpg

since the air density and object do not change, and the coefficient is a constant, it is only dependent on velocity

OK, that makes sense.

We just use that equation today for our lab, so I guess I could have applied it to this question (which is in the lab)