New GPU doesnt work

MrSushi

Hello.

I have recently bought a new GTX 980. After plugging it in my pc doesnt recognize it. I am not able to open nvidia control panel and i cant install drivers either. I have 500W PSU and intel i5 CPU and 16GB RAM.

Please could you help me solve this problem? Are there any steps that i might have missed after pluging the GPU into PCIe x16 slot on my MB? Power cables are plugged in and GPU lights are on.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much for replying.

Hello.

I have recently bought a new GTX 980. After plugging it in my pc doesnt recognize it. I am not able to open nvidia control panel and i cant install drivers either. I have 500W PSU and intel i5 CPU and 16GB RAM.

Please could you help me solve this problem? Are there any steps that i might have missed after pluging the GPU into PCIe x16 slot on my MB? Power cables are plugged in and GPU lights are on.

Can you help me solve this problem?

Thank you very much for replying.

Try a different PCIe slot. If that doesn't work, try completely removing and reinstalling the driver.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Try a different PCIe slot. If that doesn't work, try completely removing and reinstalling the driver.

i cant reinstall driver and i only have one PCIe slot

You are plugging in the monitor to the graphics card itself right?

And what do you mean by "can't install drivers"?

You are plugging in the monitor to the graphics card itself right?

And what do you mean by "can't install drivers"?

I cant install them since my PC doesnt somehow see my GPU

Go to your BIOS (before windows starts) and make sure, that the PCIE graphics is not on AUTO or Onboard/igpu, but designated to the PCIE slot,..the dedicated card you have. (Could be in an advanced section, may need deeper looking)

Then put the display cable in that dedicated card.

If the bios is set to use PCIE cards (the 980) as a primary video output, and not the onboard first, it should work, even without drivers it should be in basic video modes until drivers are loaded.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I cant install them since my PC doesnt somehow see my GPU

Like he asked, do you plug your display cable in the GPU or the motherboard?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Go to your BIOS (before windows starts) and make sure, that the PCIE graphics is not on AUTO or Onboard/igpu, but designated to the PCIE slot,..the dedicated card you have. (Could be in an advanced section, may need deeper looking)

Then put the display cable in that dedicated card.

If the bios is set to use PCIE cards (the 980) as a primary video output, and not the onboard first, it should work, even without drivers it should be in basic video modes until drivers are loaded.

i have done everything you have suggested and it still doesnt work.

i have done everything you have suggested and it still doesnt work.

Email manufacturer, state what happens, they will suggest you RMA it..and so do I.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz