Potential Failing External Hard Drive

So I have a WD Passports Ultra 1TB USB3.0 HDD and today it started to act funny. Like when I was copying something, it would say that the file didn't exist and shit like that. It started buzzing really weirdly as well. Not the normal HDD spinning but really weird buzzing. It's hard to describe. Moreover, it would be copying something and then just stop and go to 0 bytes per second and not copy anymore. So I used Crystal Mark Disk Info and it said Caution and that I have a high current pending sector count I am really scared that it is going corrupt and really need to back it up as I have over 800GB of data. What software should I use to back it up? Recuva? TeraCopy? Some other software? Please tell me. I really need my data. So please tell me Linus Tech Tips Forums.

Attached is a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Mark Info Resultpost-253784-0-97931800-1445916944.png

Try running a scan and fix, it may help you out.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Try running a scan and fix, it may help you out.

Ill try that Leonard.

Um Leonard, I tried running the scan and fix thing and it is stuck near the end. What do I do. It has been like that for 2 hours now. Should I just wait and maybe let it run overnight or is my hard drive gone for good?

Justin, I believe I still do. Should I send it back to the manufacturer?

If you can still access the volume normally copy any data of the drive immediately if you fear a drive failure.

Please do this before trying to perform any lengthy software drive recovery options, if the drive is failing / has limited life left then retrieving data gets priority.

once you have the data off the drive use the WD utility : http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx and write the drive to zeros, this will erase any data so make sure you have everything you want off. once that is complete perform a long format through windows (Disk Management)

run CDM test again, if you are not happy with the results RMA the drive.

If you can still access the volume normally copy any data of the drive immediately if you fear a drive failure.

Please do this before trying to perform any lengthy software drive recovery options, if the drive is failing / has limited life left then retrieving data gets priority.

once you have the data off the drive use the WD utility : http://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx and write the drive to zeros, this will erase any data so make sure you have everything you want off. once that is complete perform a long format through windows (Disk Management)

run CDM test again, if you are not happy with the results RMA the drive.

So, I'm just going to copy all my data with Recuva and then I am going to RMA the drive. Cannot be stuffed to do it. Hopefully, I get a new drive out of them.