controller help

jamese669

so basicly i wanna use my ps3 controller on my pc wirelessly but have not got bluetooth built in or a bluetooh dongle is it possible to use my guitar hero drum kit receiver as a standard ps3 controller reciver if so how

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

you can try out motioninjoy and try to get it to work somehow ;)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I use motioninjoy and it works great, I just use a usb cable to play though. There is some sort of options for bluetooth paring in the program, I've never tested it since I don't have bluetooth on my pc, I would assume it works though.

It looks like the drum kit receiver is an IR blaster and doesn't use bluetooth. Bluetooth adapters can be fairly cheap if you aren't planning on being too far away.

Here's some good software as well.

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

would of thought they would use the same sort of hardware so i assumed it would work hummmm might have to read in to it

I use motioninjoy and it works great, I just use a usb cable to play though. There is some sort of options for bluetooth paring in the program, I've never tested it since I don't have bluetooth on my pc, I would assume it works though.

i use motion joy for the usb cable but i wanna go wireless and was hoping the drum kit reciver would work

I did a thing once and it was awsome: https://soundcloud.com/jamese666/junkhead-cover-with-vocals

would a wireless mouse usb dongle work?

I'm pretty sure those don't use bluetooth, I could be wrong though.

Get yourself a Gigabyte WiFi and Bluetooth pcie card, they are excellent quality and the black PCB looks good in my rig even though my motherboard is blue. Don't bother with the tiny USB ones, you want to keep your I/O options as free as possible. But no, your Guitar Hero adapter (whatever it is) won't work with your controller. If you want to go for an Xbox controller someday, Microsoft sell a special receiver thing to plug into the USB port on your PC. That's what Linus used for his Ghetto Shield thing. Just a quick question however; Have you experienced any problems with Motioninjoy like detection and lag? Its just that it takes about 5 seconds for any sort of click to be registered lol.

-Tom

Compatible with Windows 95

Have you experienced any problems with Motioninjoy like detection and lag? Its just that it takes about 5 seconds for any sort of click to be registered lol.

-Tom

It's always worked perfectly for me, I use it to play burnout and emulators, I can't notice any input lag.

Get yourself a Gigabyte WiFi and Bluetooth pcie card, they are excellent quality and the black PCB looks good in my rig even though my motherboard is blue. Don't bother with the tiny USB ones, you want to keep your I/O options as free as possible. But no, your Guitar Hero adapter (whatever it is) won't work with your controller. If you want to go for an Xbox controller someday, Microsoft sell a special receiver thing to plug into the USB port on your PC. That's what Linus used for his Ghetto Shield thing. Just a quick question however; Have you experienced any problems with Motioninjoy like detection and lag? Its just that it takes about 5 seconds for any sort of click to be registered lol.

-Tom

yeah work fine for me  and i would buy a wireless adaptor for xbox but im selling my 360  might buy a new controller and get a reciver 

that's what I use, called DS3 tool

Yep I am currently use this in connecting my ps3 controller. The Guitar Hero Drum Kit Receiver may not work but its worth a try. If it doesn't work, you could always use a cable to connect your PS3 Controller. Set it to an Xbox 360 Controller profile as that will be the profile that will be most compatible with games and the profile that will have vibration feedback.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer