Geek Squad is trying to replace my working Dell XPS 17

Bob

I know it is only the battery, I tested on a friends XPS and it did not charge there either. It has the 2 year GSP and they want to replace it with a different product at a higher price. 

If its under GSP they have to give you a new one that is the same or better quality. If they cannot provide you with a comparable unit they have to give you a gift card for the amount you payed for the laptop. if it can be helped dont deal with the 1800geeksquad peeps, go into the store and press the issue there.

I just got a call from the pieces of trash at worstbuy and they said the HDD was ruined during the replacement process. WTF did they do to trash an HDD, I will never ever buy from worstbuy again. I still have no laptop, at least I have the second HDD so maybe they will put in two I will gain one. 

I just got a call from the pieces of trash at worstbuy and they said the HDD was ruined during the replacement process. WTF did they do to trash an HDD, I will never ever buy from worstbuy again. I still have no laptop, at least I have the second HDD so maybe they will put in two I will gain one. 

Yeah . I don't trust them anymore.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Im lost...  why in the hell would you take your notebook to someone just to have the battery replaced?  That's like taking your TV remote to the store and asking them to replace the batteries...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Im lost...  why in the hell would you take your notebook to someone just to have the battery replaced?  That's like taking your TV remote to the store and asking them to replace the batteries...

Read the earlier posts. You'll see why.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I have read all the post, and still don't understand why...  This is like having geek squad come to your house to replace your mouse pad...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

I have read all the post, and still don't understand why... This is like having geek squad come to your house to replace your mouse pad...

Because the guy said it was still under warranty

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

THe geek squad said it was under warranty and my Father said for me to take it there, not fix it at home. 

THe geek squad said it was under warranty and my Father said for me to take it there, not fix it at home.

How much does the battery cost?

Because if it's not expensive, it would've been less of a hassle to change it

You should only send the laptop if it has a major problem, not something as easy as this (that's something you should be clear with ur father)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

How much does the battery cost? Because if it's not expensive, it would've been less of a hassle to change it You should only send the laptop if it has a major problem, not something as easy as this (that's something you should be clear with ur father)

The battery is about $50 USD. I tried to tell Him but he did it while I was gone.