Second Monitor or single 4K?

RobertElkHunter

Hello!

I currently have a signle dell ultrasharp 1080p monitor, I want to get either a single large 4K or add another mintor to my exsuiting one. I get paid in two weeks, I will have $400 to spend.

I require IPS with good colors and veiwing anlges. Aside from that, I am opening to anything.

Are you gaming so yeah what are your specs also video editing or other things you do at your pc ?

if you do alot of stuff i would go with the second monitor since you can get a lot done and is much nicer.

if your doing prof work with pictures and stuff go get a 4k monitor.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Are you gaming so yeah what are your specs also video editing or other things you do at your pc ?

if you do alot of stuff i would go with the second monitor since you can get a lot done and is much nicer.

if your doing prof work with pictures and stuff go get a 4k monitor.

I do photoshop for fun not work related. I do game, but not as often as I'd like to.

My Specs:

6GB RAM

R9 290 (going to buy it today)

I do photoshop for fun not work related. I do game, but not as often as I'd like to.

My Specs:

6GB RAM

R9 290 (going to buy it today)

For 4K a R9 290 might not cut it But it depends on which game you play (own experience i own a r9 290) more modern triple a titles wil not run at high quality 

and for photoshop if it is for fun I wouldn't get a special monitor for it.

The thing is probable what i recommend is getting a 1440p panel and it might sound weird but the r9 290 can run a 1440p screen as of a fact it is marketed for 1440p so it gives you the balance between Sharpness and games to play.

But you might think else about it since you already own a 1080p and a 1440p with 1080p combo might be a little weird.(though see it as 1 main monitor 1440p and a extra monitor for internet, youtube videos ect.)

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Depends on the size of the 4k Monitor, I just bought a 40" and that's plenty big for me!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I've always been a dual monitor sort of person. Mostly because with two screens you can have a fullscreen application open on one and still have a second screen for something else. Like having a live event going and having the corresponding twitter feed active on the other screen. Or if you're studying or working from home you can have reference materials on one screen while having a "working space" on the other.

That said, I've never used a 4K monitor. But I suspect if I had a 4K monitor I'd still want to run a lot of applications full screen. Obviously the real solution would be to have two monitors with at least one of them running at 4K. Then you could have both ;)

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing