Best keyboard between these!

GoldenEagle
Go to solution Solved by Curufinwe_wins,

Hello! I am soon to buy a new keyboard. The K70 seems like a PRETTY GOOD keyboard! I really like how it looks and it just fascinates me. The same thing with the Ducky Shine 3 and the Ducky Shine 4, between these keyboards, which one in YOUR opinion is the best? Whichever has the most votes, I'll buy.

Whats the difference between Ducky Shine 4 and Ducky shine 3?

The K70 seems really good, but should I get it RGB or just the LED lights?

I have the money, don't worry! Just don't go over $200.

It's really personal choice at this point.

I grabbed a k70 non-rgb because I like red anyways (my favorite color is blood red, like the official 138/7/7 rgb blood red), and it cost me 110 dollars. I don't know if I see rgb being worth the price premium (because then you also have to use software, which in my book was a huge plus for the k70 non-rgb.)

Hello! I am soon to buy a new keyboard. The K70 seems like a PRETTY GOOD keyboard! I really like how it looks and it just fascinates me. The same thing with the Ducky Shine 3 and the Ducky Shine 4, between these keyboards, which one in YOUR opinion is the best? Whichever has the most votes, I'll buy.

I grabbed a k70 non-rgb because I like red anyways (my favorite color is blood red, like the official 138/7/7 rgb blood red), and it cost me 110 dollars. I don't know if I see rgb being worth the price premium (because then you also have to use software, which in my book was a huge plus for the k70 non-rgb.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have a blue mouse, an LOGITECH G502, if I buy the blue led, will they look matching, thats what I also want. If one is red and one is blue it'll look confusing a little, at least to me. So what do you think I should do with it? I really want to buy a K70 and I might as well, blue? The only think I dont like is the red keys... So I'm kind of stuck

You know what, I thought RGB were just lights that stay as they are, now I know they move and that is really cool to me, so RIP money, I'm buying RGB.

If you can wait til mid-month November, the Ducky Shine 5 comes out and offers that RGB lighting if that's what you want (release price should be around $160-$165). Otherwise, a Shine 4 hands down, Corsair doesn't come close to the quality there. That said, here is a post you may find interesting with a Corsair vs Ducky post,
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74505.0

A lot of people tend to end up buying Corsair because it saves them $10-$30 over buying a brand that has specialized in mechanical keyboards for over 10+ years, I'll take any number of mfg over Corsair, Razer, and other gaming branded keyboards until they stop trying for a premium price and price themselves where the quality belongs, which IMO should be around the $100 range. Corsair selling their boards for $130+ when you can get a Ducky for that same price, absolutely not worth paying for the Corsair logo.

*EDIT*
Looks like you can pre-order the Shine 5 from MechanicalKeyboards.com,
https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1367

Ducky Shine 5 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboard (Red Cherry MX)
SKU: DKSH1508ST-RUSADAAT1
Stock: Pre-Order Only
Available for Pre-Order! Estimated Arrival: 11/12/15*

Price: 
$165.00 + free shipping*

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2