two 960GTX 4GB different price

Mchedlo

i opened a topic some mins ago about same subject but as i see it "died". so i just now came across this and i would like to ask you guys what is it? (see pic below)

image.jpg

same GPU's different price?? i checked and its same specifications, also the 209$ version has even free backplate!

here is link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SC6HAS4?keywords=960gtx&qid=1445614611&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

any ideas??

the cheaper one is maybe without a back plate ? do the pictures show a missing backplate?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

They have different coolers. It really is just marketing.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

But it says ACX2.0+ for both :/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

the cheaper one is maybe without a back plate ? do the pictures show a missing backplate?

the thing is that cheaper one has backplate! :D :D

no they have same

But it says ACX2.0+ for both :/

There are more than one type of 2.0+ coolers, there is one that has all the heat pipes directly over the GPU's die and one where some, maybe one heat pipe not directly over the GPU's die, there is also a 2.0+ cooler with more fins on the cooler than the other.....like i said it is all just marketing.

Edit:

Another thing is that any EVGA GPU purchased on amazon.com has a state tax added to the price but you only see the tax while checking out.

There are more than one type of 2.0+ coolers, there is one that has all the heat pipes directly over the GPU's die and one where some, maybe one heat pipe not directly over the GPU's die, there is also a 2.0+ cooler with more fins on the cooler than the other.....like i said it is all just marketing.

so its basically same right? :) i think many will get confused and buy the expensive one. at first i thought its just mistake :D:) thank u

no they have same

yeah...okay.

so its basically same right? :) i think many will get confused and buy the expensive one. at first i thought its just mistake :D:) thank u

Basically they are the same. I edited my post you just quoted, make sure to read it.

Basically they are the same. I edited my post you just quoted, make sure to read it.

oh i just noticed! and what kind of tax are we talking about? (i don't live in US btw)

oh i just noticed! and what kind of tax are we talking about? (i don't live in US btw)

It varies, i am an amazon prime member and for me i paid US$15 on a 760ftw and US$25 on a 780sc. I have never seen the tax be higher than US$25.

It varies, i am an amazon prime member and for me i paid US$15 on a 760ftw and US$25 on a 780sc. I have never seen the tax be higher than US$25.

well i have free 30 day trial of prime membership, but if it adds 15-25$ then it will be same price :((

well i have free 30 day trial of prime membership, but if it adds 15-25$ then it will be same price :((

You misunderstood me, the prime account gives you a lower price of the item and free one or two day shipping but the tax is the same with or without the prime account.

When i bought my GPUs i had no problem with the tax because my savings plus the tax was still lower than the initial cost of the GPU at that time.

You misunderstood me, the prime account gives you a lower price of the item and free one or two day shipping but the tax is the same with or without the prime account.

When i bought my GPUs i had no problem with the tax because my savings plus the tax was still lower than the initial cost of the GPU at that time.

aa gotcha! :) yes i misunderstood at first. so as you said it will show me on checkout so i will check and if something i will buy used one for 180$ (Used-Very Good condition)

aa gotcha! :) yes i misunderstood at first. so as you said it will show me on checkout so i will check and if something i will buy used one for 180$ (Used-Very Good condition)

Yes and no....yes if you purchasing from EVGA but no,maybe, if the seller is listing any tax on an item sold which i think is illegal in the US one tax was paid for the first time by the seller but it can happen. Read your purchase details carefully. 

Also, amazon now ships to many countries outside of the US/Canada if you don't currently have a way of getting your item. You will also have to calculate your country's customs and duties fees when shipping to you from outside your country.

I too live outside of the US but shop on amazon, which is why i am telling you these extra information as i would have wanted to know when i first did my shipping. I use a skybox in MIAMI for all my items which is then shipped to me. 

Yes and no....yes if you purchasing from EVGA but no,maybe, if the seller is listing any tax on an item sold which i think is illegal in the US one tax was paid for the first time by the seller but it can happen. Read your purchase details carefully. 

Also, amazon now ships to many countries outside of the US/Canada if you don't currently have a way of getting your item. You will also have to calculate your country's customs and duties fees when shipping to you from outside your country.

I too live outside of the US but shop on amazon, which is why i am telling you these extra information as i would have wanted to know when i first did my shipping. I use a skybox in MIAMI for all my items which is then shipped to me. 

i live in the middle of Europe and Asia. i have purchased half of my PC from Amazon already so i know about fees, but thank you that u mentioned :) i got lucky on my first purchase that my friend was around cuz otherwise my item would get lost somewhere (i used my exact address instead of company address which will deliver it to my country :D )

i live in the middle of Europe and Asia. i have purchased half of my PC from Amazon already so i know about fees, but thank you that u mentioned :) i got lucky on my first purchase that my friend was around cuz otherwise my item would get lost somewhere (i used my exact address instead of company address which will deliver it to my country :D )

Cool, enjoy shopping!