Should I pull the trigger on a triple monitor setup?

Lulzbeef

I like the idea of having just the screen room for multiple applications at once while playing a game, I'm thinking of going with the BenQ vz2350HM for all three. What do you guys think about three monitors overall, is it worth it?

if 2GB - no
if 4GB - maybe.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

While something like Nvidia surround is stupid atm and buggy i love using 3 screens, lets me access any windows i have much fast and organize what im doing better.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Gtx770 2GB, fully aware 2gb isn't enough for full surround gaming and don't plan on it. Tbh I'll be using the other two monitors for things like Teamspeak, chrome, spotify etc.

I say meh you get MASSIVE fish eye on 3 monitors and to be honest its pretty fugly 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I honestly don't find multimonitor setups good for anything besides productivity, so unless you plan to do a lot of editing or design a game or something really productive I don't see the point.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

More or less just sick of switching in between tabs, and alt tabbing from games. Sort of why I like the idea of triple monitors, not really doing any sort of development or editing.. 

don't really need triple monitors then, double would work, game on one and have the other for browsing and video watching and such 

and i would hold off about a month if you can for black Friday/cyber Monday deals 

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

e7SzBLR.png

U need 8 m8.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I'm seriously thinking about getting 3 monitors for xmas, either that or a ultrawide

for productivity, absolutely, I can totally recommend it. Having that much space and more is wonderful. If you're gaming on all three monitors, that'll be a problem. My 7970 struggles with triple 1050p.

Though it looks like you're just gaming on one screen, which will be totally okay.

I have a 21/9 ultrawide monitor and still have a couple of old monitors on either side and now struggle to go back to using just one. Due to the mismatch of resolutions I don't play games in surround but having the extra real estate for just watching a youtube video, monitoring a Facebook chat and mucking around in a game at the same time is just so handy and totally worth it if you can afford it. Go for it I say.

for productivity, absolutely, I can totally recommend it. Having that much space and more is wonderful. If you're gaming on all three monitors, that'll be a problem. My 7970 struggles with triple 1050p.

Though it looks like you're just gaming on one screen, which will be totally okay.

Yeah not really interested in gaming just want the other monitors for desktop use while gaming.

I have a 21/9 ultrawide monitor and still have a couple of old monitors on either side and now struggle to go back to using just one. Due to the mismatch of resolutions I don't play games in surround but having the extra real estate for just watching a youtube video, monitoring a Facebook chat and mucking around in a game at the same time is just so handy and totally worth it if you can afford it. Go for it I say.

You make a good point, exactly why I want three monitors! 

While something like Nvidia surround is stupid atm and buggy i love using 3 screens, lets me access any windows i have much fast and organize what im doing better.

Exactly, hell surround doesn't even work on Windows 10 for me, it makes it so only 1 screen works and it is on like 480p. Nvidia drivers are terrible right now. 3 monitors though, it is so worth it. I love my 4 monitor setup and will never go back to less than 3. I can see myself at work in 5-6 years with a setup like mine at home for work. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

So I just made the upgrade to a triple screen with a Mount it triple clamp mount, which cost about 700 dollars. Honestly, I use it for productivity more than for gaming, so being able to have two chrome windows up as well as my main software in the middle is nice. It also looks a hell of a lot better with the same monitor (mine have thin bezels). Is it worth it for 3? Not really. 2 is the sweet spot IMO after having both single, double, and triple setups. I would only go triple if you plan on getting a better GPU to game on it (My 970 has a little trouble at times).

Edit: Go for 2 very nice (144hz, or Gsync) monitors instead of 3 for a better overall experience.

Here is a bad picture of my setup:

9Se5vWq.jpg

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

So I just made the upgrade to a triple screen with a Mount it triple clamp mount, which cost about 700 dollars. Honestly, I use it for productivity more than for gaming, so being able to have two chrome windows up as well as my main software in the middle is nice. It also looks a hell of a lot better with the same monitor (mine have thin bezels). Is it worth it for 3? Not really. 2 is the sweet spot IMO after having both single, double, and triple setups. I would only go triple if you plan on getting a better GPU to game on it (My 970 has a little trouble at times).

Edit: Go for 2 very nice (144hz, or Gsync) monitors instead of 3 for a better overall experience.

Here is a bad picture of my setup:

9Se5vWq.jpg

What monitors are you using? Would go with Dell but they're so expensive here

What monitors are you using? Would go with Dell but they're so expensive here

These are Dell P2415H's, which are not part of the Ultrasharp line, but are standard 60Hz IPS panels. They are alright, I would prefer 75Hz+ monitors, specifically 120Hz+ ones. But these are great for triple gaming and have the smallest bezel for the price (~200 USD)

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

These are Dell P2415H's, which are not part of the Ultrasharp line, but are standard 60Hz IPS panels. They are alright, I would prefer 75Hz+ monitors, specifically 120Hz+ ones. But these are great for triple gaming and have the smallest bezel for the price (~200 USD)

Yeah just going to go for the BenQ vz2350HM, dell pricing here in Australia is crazy

It also looks a hell of a lot better with the same monitor

4 Monitors. 3 different models :) It looks decent, because I have my main ROG Swift, then 2 Asus on the sides of it, then a Dell on top of the Swift. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

don't really need triple monitors then, double would work, game on one and have the other for browsing and video watching and such 

and i would hold off about a month if you can for black Friday/cyber Monday deals 

Or do what I do and say you're going to wait until then, and don't wait when you could have saved hundreds :(

Current PC: 

Or do what I do and say you're going to wait until then, and don't wait when you could have saved hundreds :(

haha I wish we had black Friday sales here in Australia, stuff is just too expensive here!