GPU only works after 2nd boot

LarsReviews

At night I shut my PC down and when I start it the next day, it doesn´t give out a video signal and the num key led doesn´t work either, which could be a sign of the PC not responding. I am using a Dell U2414H and Displayport.

Here is a video of what happens, when I plug the displayport in a different port on the gpu, when the screen is black.

https://mmf.cdn.whatsapp.net/d/uVebhVoe6cB3IO5RZ2ZF3FYo8kk/Ai9sY1LvEHAs453_AlosIvdUvju7XyC_a0Fz_AgOlyl4.mp4?x=2

(I know the link looks weird, but it is safe. :) )

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Sounds very weird, could be a PSU issue at start up. From your title it sounds like you restart and everything is fine, is that the case?

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I would try to connect it to another pc or try to swap the monitor and see what the results are. 

Maybe you can try to reset the bios, just in case. Probably won't solve it, but it's always worth trying.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I would try to connect it to another pc or try to swap the monitor and see what the results are. 

Maybe you can try to reset the bios, just in case. Probably won't solve it, but it's always worth trying.

Sounds very weird, could be a PSU issue at start up. From your title it sounds like you restart and everything is fine, is that the case?

For some reason the follow Thread didn´t work. I start it, then the screen is black, I press the restart button or cut the power and then it normally boots. I just turned it off, waited and then it wen back on as normal. I am at work till 4pm, so the PC is off from 11pm to 4pm. It has happend 5 times now and never before. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

In that case the PSU might be the problem. It's possible the caps in it have issues and need a power cycle before they work properly.

It's something that's becoming quite rare these days, but it's still possible. I would try to swap the PSU and see if that fixes it.

Also, is it grounded? If you live in germany it's the metal pin of a wall plug, that needs to be connected to earth, if it's not connected, then that could also be the source of your problem.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

In that case the PSU might be the problem. It's possible the caps in it have issues and need a power cycle before they work properly.

It's something that's becoming quite rare these days, but it's still possible. I would try to swap the PSU and see if that fixes it.

Also, is it grounded? If you live in germany it's the metal pin of a wall plug, that needs to be connected to earth, if it's not connected, then that could also be the source of your problem.

Thanks I will try out another psu. My ground is fine.  :D