Does anybody know what happens...?

JEW UNIT NY

Hey everybody! Hope you guys are doing well. I was wondering, does anybody know what happens when PSN/XBL when it looses support for PS3/X360? I know it's going to happen sooner or later. Do we lose all our DLC access (like arcade games and DLC for physical games)? 

Should I be downloading everything onto the HDD before they stop supporting those systems (I know they will cut the cord on those consoles eventually)?

I know I sound a little paranoid, but it's a valid concern. Kinda a driving force for me buying physical media, but some games are exclusive those consoles and online only. 

Hey everybody! Hope you guys are doing well. I was wondering, does anybody know what happens when PSN/XBL when it looses support for PS3/X360? I know it's going to happen sooner or later. Do we lose all our DLC access (like arcade games and DLC for physical games)?

Should I be downloading everything onto the HDD before they stop supporting those systems (I know they will cut the cord on those consoles eventually)?

I know I sound a little paranoid, but it's a valid concern. Kinda a driving force for me buying physical media, but some games are exclusive those consoles and online only.

The servers are likely to last as long as the companies themselves stay in business, as the ps3 and 360 use the same servers as their current gen counter parts. While individual games might get removed over time but for the most part these games will be on the servers available for probably another 20+ years

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R