overclocking graphics card

I have a gigabyte gtx750ti black edition running at stock speed. will overclocking help with FPS?

system-

i7 4790

gigabyte z97x-ud3h-bk

hyperx fury 8 gig

120 gb Samsung evo 240

gtx 750ti bk

It will help, but only very slightly.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

Moved to Graphics Cards.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It will but don't expect too much on a high resolution screen.

I use a GTX750Ti Strix for my lil bro , he play on a 720p TV , and most game can run full details (with a i7 and 12Gigs pushing ofc)

But once you switch to a real monitor , at something like 1080p the performance falls and even oc can't help it  much it's just too weak.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

It will but don't expect too much on a high resolution screen.

I use a GTX750Ti Strix for my lil bro , he play on a 720p TV , and most game can run full details (with a i7 and 12Gigs pushing ofc)

But once you switch to a real monitor , at something like 1080p the performance falls and even oc can't help it  much it's just too weak.

Agreed.

I had a 750 TI I was overclocking with a 5820k for firestrike, and even at over 1500 mhz on the core and 1660 on the memory it was getting like 25 FPS in the gaming scenes

kS1w7.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I have a gigabyte gtx750ti black edition running at stock speed. will overclocking help with FPS?

system-

i7 4790

gigabyte z97x-ud3h-bk

hyperx fury 8 gig

120 gb Samsung evo 240

gtx 750ti bk

Yeah you'll squeeze like 2-3 fps out of it. What I don't get is why an i7 4790 with a 750ti. If the CPU costs twice the GPU, there's something wrong :D

Yeah you'll squeeze like 2-3 fps out of it. What I don't get is why an i7 4790 with a 750ti. If the CPU costs twice the GPU, there's something wrong :D

Overclocking will help with FPS. Also, I agree, if this is meant to be a gaming build then the cpu and gpu choice is a bit odd.

It was not meant to be a gaming pc,it is used for processor intensive tasks like Matlab and other stuff

But I game on it sometimes.

It was not meant to be a gaming pc,it is used for processor intensive tasks like Matlab and other stuff

But I game on it sometimes.

Ah ok my apologies :)

I don't get is why an i7 4790 with a 750ti. If the CPU costs twice the GPU, there's something wrong :D

Agreed!

He could buy i3+gtx 960.

smart choice in long terme since he will keep his cpu longer than any graphics card.

I prefer buy an I7 with a mid graphics card than a Core I3 with a 970 or 980Ti.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

smart choice in long terme since he will keep his cpu longer than any graphics card.

I prefer buy an I7 with a mid graphics card than a Core I3 with a 970 or 980Ti.

Thanks , I rarely game on the PC