TV Digital Optical Toslink Out -> Amp/DAC -> Headphones

AngryGoldfish

Is it possible to improve headphone audio with cans that are harder to drive in my bedroom setup with my HDTV and Playstation? For instance:

TV Digital Optical Toslink Out -> Amp/DAC (e.g. FIIO E10K) -> Headphones

The audio from my TV's headphone out is not very good, and it's certainly not able to drive high impedance cans that are known to be source picky. I'd like to improve sound quality with something compact and affordable. Is it possible? If so, would I need any adaptors going from the televisions digital Toslink output to the FIIO E10K?

Something like that but not that. The only input on the FIIO E10K is micro-USB. That won't do with a TV. You need a DAC that has a Toslink (or 3,5mm optical) input or at the very least an SP/DIF -enabled Coaxial connector.

Something like that but not that. The only input on the FIIO E10K is micro-USB. That won't do with a TV. You need a DAC that has a Toslink (or 3,5mm optical) input or at the very least an SP/DIF -enabled Coaxial connector.

Off-hand, do you know of any DAC/Amp's that have such a feature that aren't expensive?

Off-hand, do you know of any DAC/Amp's that have such a feature that aren't expensive?

Nah man, sorry. I have terrible hearing so I'm not that much into audio devices.