What Xbox one headset should I buy?

MrChill

I'm getting an xbox one very soon and I have been looking into a headset to buy for it. So far I have been looking ath the hyper x cloud 2, steelseries siberia v3 and turtlebeach xo7 as I can't spend more than £100 on the headset. Do you have any suggestions of what I should get?

You have to look at Xbox 1 headsets. You can't just pick any random PC one and assume it would work, because the XB1 has different connectors.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

You have to look at Xbox 1 headsets. You can't just pick any random PC one and assume it would work, because the XB1 has different connectors.

Not entirely sure. My PS4 works with any PC headset but dunno about the XB1

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I'm getting an xbox one very soon and I have been looking into a headset to buy for it. So far I have been looking ath the hyper x cloud 2, steelseries siberia v3 and turtlebeach xo7 as I can't spend more than £100 on the headset. Do you have any suggestions of what I should get?

The new controllers do actually have 3.5mm jacks on them, for both audio and microphone I believe.

So MrChill, what controller do you have?

If a new one with 3.5mm: I would suggest the HyperX Cloud II, as I believe it comes with an adapter from audio and mic (green and pink) to 1 3.5mm jack.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You need a adapter, Like this

Then you can plug in any 3.5 mm jack into it.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Not entirely sure. My PS4 works with any PC headset but dunno about the XB1

PS4 has better compatibility with PC headsets, steering wheels, ect.. 

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I currently have some Astro A50's. I used them on my PS4 for a little, but then switch them over to my PC. Astro is a really good brand to go with because they are a premium headset with premium quality, but also come in system specific models, i.e. an Xbox specific one that already comes with the adapter and everything.

| CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz | Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Extreme | RAM: G Skills Ripjaw V DDR4 32GB (4x8GB) 2400MHz | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX | | Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD & WD Caviar Black 3TB | PSU: EVGA 850W | Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Styker |

Display: Benq XL 2430T & Dell U2414h | Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sound: Logitech z533 2.1 Stereo Speakers |

| OS: Windows 10 |