Looking for a new monitor and I need some help.

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

I currently have a 60hz asus monitor that gets the job done for everyday things. But I am looking for a 144hz monitor for CS:GO. I am wanting to get the BenQ XL Series XL2411Z. The only issue is that I don't know how to have the 144hz without a display port. The monitor has an hdmi (Wich i believe cant push 144hz) and a dual link DVI port. I am a noob when it comes to monitors and really hardware in general. I believe my gpu has a dual link and a normal dvi. But I want to make sure the monitor will work before I buy it.

TLDR

Does DL-DVI do the 144hz im looking for and how can ensure my gpu has aDL-DVI port.

Thanks for the help  :)

Yes, DL-DVI can do 1080p 144Hz. All DVI ports on GPUs are dual-link, there are no single-link DVI ports on GPUs anymore.

I currently have a 60hz asus monitor that gets the job done for everyday things. But I am looking for a 144hz monitor for CS:GO. I am wanting to get the BenQ XL Series XL2411Z. The only issue is that I don't know how to have the 144hz without a display port. The monitor has an hdmi (Wich i believe cant push 144hz) and a dual link DVI port. I am a noob when it comes to monitors and really hardware in general. I believe my gpu has a dual link and a normal dvi. But I want to make sure the monitor will work before I buy it.

TLDR

Does DL-DVI do the 144hz im looking for and how can ensure my gpu has aDL-DVI port.

TLDR

Yes, DL-DVI can do 1080p 144Hz. All DVI ports on GPUs are dual-link, there are no single-link DVI ports on GPUs anymore.