GTX 970 G1 Gigabyte Overclock

MartyG

Hello, I'd love to get some info how I can overclock my GPU, and is it good at overclocking at all? I want a stable overclock :)

Hello, I'd love to get some info how I can overclock my GPU, and is it good at overclocking at all? I want a stable overclock :)

Try something like this? 

Yes the g1 is a very good overclocker, look at the video @Ronnie76 for learning as explanation in words of how to oc is less effective, msi afterburner is what I use

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Yes the g1 is a very good overclocker, look at the video @Ronnie76 for learning as explanation in words of how to oc is less effective, msi afterburner is what I use

you can explain it in words, its just very difficult, especially since I have a card that can't overclock for the life of it, I don't have a full grasp on how to fully overclock the GPU 

you can explain it in words, its just very difficult, especially since I have a card that can't overclock for the life of it, I don't have a full grasp on how to fully overclock the GPU 

Yeah my card seems to just let me move some sliders on afterburner and get 1540Mhz (though I only use it if a game won't go to 60fps on ultra by default), of course my card was a very good due to luck (its the 970 g1 btw)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Ok, I overclocked 150 Core and 500 Memory, as it's done in the  video, is it a big increase in performance or I should try to go for more? It's in stock cooling btw