Microphone not Initiliazing After Waking up From Sleep Mode

EChondo

Hey everyone, I reinstalled Windows 8.1 a couple months ago and I noticed that my microphone(MXL770>XLR>Scarlett Solo>USB>PC) doesn't work after waking from sleep mode. The microphone still shows up and defaults in the Sound Panel, my Scarlett unit shows that it is picking up my voice, but Windows seems to not be reciveing sound from my Scarlett. However, disabling and then enabling the Line In from the Scarlett unit fixes the issue immediately.

Drivers are installed for the Scarlett unit and obviously my motherboard drivers are also installed. On my Windows 8.1 installation before reinstalling I didn't have this problem. I have tried different USB ports on the back of my motherboard but the issue still persists.

System Specs;

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (BIOS version: F6)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X
Case: Fractal Design Arc XL
Power Supply: SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
Monitor: Dell U2312HM
Monitor: Dell P2314H
Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4 Professional
Mouse: Logitech G502

Headphones: Audio-Technica M50's

Microphone: MXL770

XLR to USB Audio Interface: Scarlett Solo

Nothing is overclocked if that matters. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to try them. I've tried Googling this, but all I've found are dead threads from other people having similar problems.

I've had a similar issue where if I go to sleep on my build then the little program/macro I have that lets me swap audio outputs with a single mouse button (on my naga) just completely goes to shit.

Logging out and logging back in solves the issue. If I might recommend a work around at the moment, only set your computer to sleep from the login screen. That should solve basically all program issues as the start-up programs initialize on log-in but perhaps not properly on wake-up.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

If I might recommend a work around at the moment, only set your computer to sleep from the login screen. That should solve basically all program issues as the start-up programs initialize on log-in but perhaps not properly on wake-up.

I just tested that, and the issue persists. I also just tried disabling Fast Startup to see if it had any effect and it didn't help either.