Upgrading Soon

WaitDontSh00t

Hey guys!

I'm going to be upgrading my PC soon (Probably a whole new build). Though I was thinking of upgrading my monitor first. I currently game on my 27" Tv screen.

I was thinking of upgrading to a 27" 2560x1440 Asus PG279Q or one of the Asus/Acer 3440x1440 monitors also coming out.

Though the only problem with that is, I'm not sure if my computer could even handle that resolution! I currently have a GTX 670 FTW.

If I decided to get a new monitor now, would I be able to fully enjoy it with my 670? Or am I better off to wait until I can get everything at once?

What are your guy's opinion on that?

Thank you!

Hey guys!

I'm going to be upgrading my PC soon (Probably a whole new build). Though I was thinking of upgrading my monitor first. I currently game on my 27" Tv screen.

I was thinking of upgrading to a 27" 2560x1440 Asus PG279Q or one of the Asus/Acer 3440x1440 monitors also coming out.

Though the only problem with that is, I'm not sure if my computer could even handle that resolution! I currently have a GTX 670 FTW.

If I decided to get a new monitor now, would I be able to fully enjoy it with my 670? Or am I better off to wait until I can get everything at once?

Thank you!

1440p on a GTX 670?  Ohhh boy... You're not gonna have a good time, and especially not on the ultrawide.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

well.. one thing to consider - if you buy a high quality monitor, it may last considerably longer than your current computer will.

i'm still using the same display that i got with my first desktop - upgraded twice since, the display is probably gonna make it trough quite a bunch more upgrades.

Hey guys!

Thank you!

You won't have much fun gaming at that res. Try Nvidias DSR via driver so. that way you can test performacne without buying the monitors.

How to:

1920x1080=2073600

2560x1440=3686400 (trust me, you won't be going 3440x1440 - no chance you will)

3686400/2073600=1.78

Enable downsampling for a factor similar to that on NVIDIA control panel; select res in a game; is it fun?

DONE

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

snip

What games? AAA titles on 1440p 60 fps (or even 30 fps) is not going to happen with a 670. IMHO and many people will disagree with this, a 980/fury is the MINIMUM for 1440p AAA gaming. (and I would never recommend less than a 980ti/fury x or 970/390 x2 )

Now if you mean CS:GO, or dota, or older AAA titles, then yes the 670 will be plenty.

I personally think 1440p ultrawide is the way to go, but if you are capable of buying 3440x1440p monitor then you should be buying a standard 1440p and a new gpu instead.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

1440p on a GTX 670?  Ohhh boy... You're not gonna have a good time, and especially not on the ultrawide.

i used to do 1440p on a GT640, if you know how to, its not *too* difficult to get things running smoothly.

i think the ridonkulous amount of 4GB vram did help me out a bit there...