Samsung Galaxy Note 5 with clear back. Pretty slick :D

Nineshadow

galaxy-note-5-clear-back.jpg

Pretty slick.

In most markets you can get the Galaxy Note 5 in three different colors, in others you can choose from as many as five options, but Samsung doesn’t officially offer a clear back version of the Galaxy Note 5 which keeps the internals in view at all times. Reddit user Skarface08 decided to take matters in his own hands and give the Galaxy Note 5 a clear back, the process is actually quite simple and the result looks amazing to say the least.

What he basically did is remove the color film fixed behind the Galaxy Note 5′s glass back, he’s not swapping out the entire glass back, just removing the film that gives it color. You might think that it will be particularly hard to remove the back since the Galaxy Note 5 doesn’t have a removable back but its not that challenging. All that’s required is a razor blade, a heat gun and a suction cup. There are no special screws holding the glass back in place. He heats up the back around the edges and then uses the suction cup to pry the back off. Once the back has cooled off a bit just take the razor blade and take off all the film, then just stick it back on the phone and the adhesive on the back will hold it securely.

If you do decide to do this keep in mind that you have to be constantly moving the heat gun so that it’s not concentrated on one area for too long, which increases the possibility of heat damage to the internals. Also this process only applies to the back and won’t have the desired effect at the front. I for one like how the Galaxy Note 5 looks with a glass back, adds an extra bit of flair to a great device.

galaxy-note-5-clear-back-2-304x540.pnggalaxy-note-5-clear-back-1-303x540.pnggalaxy-note-5-clear-back-3-304x540.pnggalaxy-note-5-clear-back-4-308x540.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Going to buy a note 5 just to do this.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Samsung should release a clear variant of the S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+ and Note 5. Both the front and back clear. I think they would fly off the shelves.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap