How true is about this?

oskarstankovic

Well, I wanna buy a good 1080p Monitor, I have in mind the Asus VG248GE which is 144hz.

I don't mainly play FPS, I play more RPG, moba, MMOrpg, stuff like TW3, LoL, Black desert, etc. But I've heard that in these kind of games, like TW3 you got a "Flickering" with the 144hz monitor, of course I can't probably move TW3 at 144 + FPS with a single GTX 970, but How true is about that? Or is just the flickering that tire the eyes, and can't see with the human eyes, just with a camera?

Thank you for your time.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

I would not buy a TN panel if they paid me to. I have to recommend a nice 60hz IPS with all the colors and viewing angles. 

ive never seen flickering on any of my 144hz screens at 30 fps up to 200 fps

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

ive never seen flickering on any of my 144hz screens at 30 fps up to 200 fps

And you enjoy RPG's and non shooter games in this monitor?

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •

And you enjoy RPG's and non shooter games in this monitor?

I havent played the games you mentioned other then the whitcher 3 VERY briefly

but ive played slower based stuff yes, civ 5, cities skylines, prison architest, the walking dead, final fantasy 14

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

For RPG's and non shooter games, you probably want a monitor that can pack a lot of punch in color fidelity.

While the Asus VG248QE looks "decent" in theater mode, with the settings in the pcmonitors.info review for it, it does look a bit cartonny in exchange for being washed out.

You will most likely want a decent IPS monitor for those games, maybe a 120hz or 144hz gaming IPS monitor.  I don't know if you care about gsync or freesync; freesync compatible IPS monitors have hardware scalers (which allow you to do a lot of things with the display scaling, especially on gaming variants).  One of the most popular ones is the Gsync Acer XB270HU, but this doesn't have a hardware scaler (the video card controls the scaling) making it a bit worthless for the AMD Camp.  If you win the QA panel lottery (which is very hard), it can be a good panel.

I do suggest waiting for the XB271HU for the revision update, if you go this route.

If you want to wait for a monitor with a true hardware scaler, you can try

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/index.html

when It comes out.

But that's for the future.

The VG248QE will hold you over until then (I own 2 of them), although I use my Benq XL2720Z daily for the blur reduction.  But for your games you'll be happy with the VG248 but you will definitely want something with better color reproduction later.

Also note that the VG248QE tends to favor the red channel more than other monitors (asus panels are notorious for this).  Red on the Benq XL2720Z looks red, while on the Asus VG248QE it looks crimson or scarlet, and that's in Standard or SRGB mode.  Maybe that will help your games, I don't know...

For RPG's and non shooter games, you probably want a monitor that can pack a lot of punch in color fidelity.

While the Asus VG248QE looks "decent" in theater mode, with the settings in the pcmonitors.info review for it, it does look a bit cartonny in exchange for being washed out.

You will most likely want a decent IPS monitor for those games, maybe a 120hz or 144hz gaming IPS monitor.  I don't know if you care about gsync or freesync; freesync compatible IPS monitors have hardware scalers (which allow you to do a lot of things with the display scaling, especially on gaming variants).  One of the most popular ones is the Gsync Acer XB270HU, but this doesn't have a hardware scaler (the video card controls the scaling) making it a bit worthless for the AMD Camp.  If you win the QA panel lottery (which is very hard), it can be a good panel.

I do suggest waiting for the XB271HU for the revision update, if you go this route.

If you want to wait for a monitor with a true hardware scaler, you can try

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/index.html

when It comes out.

But that's for the future.

The VG248QE will hold you over until then (I own 2 of them), although I use my Benq XL2720Z daily for the blur reduction.  But for your games you'll be happy with the VG248 but you will definitely want something with better color reproduction later.

Also note that the VG248QE tends to favor the red channel more than other monitors (asus panels are notorious for this).  Red on the Benq XL2720Z looks red, while on the Asus VG248QE it looks crimson or scarlet, and that's in Standard or SRGB mode.  Maybe that will help your games, I don't know...

Hey, before all thank you so much for take your time for response, I'll appreciate it.

Well, I see the Asus so nice, in price (249 dlls) the design, is so beautiful. I'm using right now a 1360*768p tv/monitor a little crap lol.

I also see other alternatives, like the Acer G257HU which is 1440p and 25 inches IPS, and is also around the same prince of the Asus 144hz, the problem is that I may not run all the games in high-max at 1440p with a single GTX 970 G1.

another option is the IPS Dell ultrasharp U2414H Which is also around the same price than the Asus and the Acer one, it also has the same movement options as the Asus, But It might be too "slow" for gaming? I haven't find a good monitor IPS for the games I play, and around the same price 239-249 dlls I just want the best experience for my eyes, I want a great color and smoothness in gaming as well, can you recommend me more options?

Best regards.