Needing Help Understanding a Few Things

Go to solution Solved by shypin,

you can go a slim 240 in the front with maybe a single 120 in top or rear

i think you can mount a reservoir quite easily on that cable management thing

maybe something like this https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l240-1

if you want to add another radiator thats gonna add about $60 i think, gpu blocks costs about $120 each, gpu backplates are about $30 each

So I am thinking about watercooling my 4790k and gtx 970 on a custom loop, because the case I am using(NZXT S340) isn't very big, not allowing that many fans. Is this case too small? I doubt I could fit a reservoir in this case, I know I could do it on the red panel that comes out, but i'm a little skeptical. Would it be best for a 280mm radiator in the front, or two 140mm radiators in the top and back? Depending on the radiator thickness I think I could fit a reservoir in, just not fully sure. I've been watching Jayztwocents on stuff about watercooling, but i'm still a little iffy on some things. Also, where do I go for to get parts? Also, I know watercooling is a little expensive, so for my needs is it going to be that expensive? I really don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks for anyone helping me out, i'm a little new to this subject! :)

Also what kind of tubing would be best for me as a beginner, I really like the rigid tubing look, but would that be money to dump into parts and tools, and is it any harder?

Edited by evantheis

if you want to add another radiator thats gonna add about $60 i think, gpu blocks costs about $120 each, gpu backplates are about $30 each

Thanks for this! I didn't even think about kits. So, for this kit it would be a fully working loop?

Thanks for this! I didn't even think about kits. So, for this kit it would be a fully working loop?

yup!  I've been running this same kit (except the 120mm rad instead of 240) with an additional 240mm rad and gpu block and it works great so far

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Yes it would have everything for a CPU loop you would need to get the GPU block and two extra fittings, one thing though your at the absolute bare minimum with just a 240mm rad, using something say like a 280mm rad in the front and 120mm in the front would be slightly better, that case is very limited in terms of watercooling.

Yes it would have everything for a CPU loop you would need to get the GPU block and two extra fittings, one thing though your at the absolute bare minimum with just a 240mm rad, using something say like a 280mm rad in the front and 120mm in the front would be slightly better, that case is very limited in terms of watercooling.

So you think I shouldn't do a kit? I honestly need to do something that will be cheap cause I really need to be saving for college  :P

So you think I shouldn't do a kit? I honestly need to do something that will be cheap cause I really need to be saving for college  :P

A thick 240mm and 120mm rad is enough for a single GPU and CPU, just looking at ideal solutions for the best performance, the case is just very limiting.