Will This PC Work?

Nebbie40

Hi everyone! 

I'm a first time PC builder and I was wondering if these parts will work together? also if there's anything thing I can improve on could you please list the improvements. I'm aiming for $2500 - $5000. 

Thanks  :)

List Of Parts: Ben’s PC Build UPDATE #3                                              Budget: $2500 - $5000

Motherboard: Maximus Formula VII Link, Maximus VIII Hero https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULA/overview/ **

Ram: Corsair Pro Series 16gb 2x8 (CMY16GX3M2A1866C9) Link, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 (CMD16GX4M2A2666C15) Link **

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange Link $119 No Power Supply 

Disk Drive: none

GPU: Matrix Platinum GeForce GTX 980 Link

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 5th Gen Link, Intel Core i7-6700 6th Gen Link**

Hard Drive: 2x WD Red 2 or 3Tb Raid 1 Config Link* or a single WD Green 3tb I'll probably use this one

SDD: Samsung 850 evo 256 gb Link

Mouse: maybe a razer mamba 2015

Keyboard: I'll find something

Power Supply: cooler master v series 550W LINK

Optional*

Radiator/s: none

Fans: X1 corsair Red LED cooling fan high static pressure twin pack Link 140mm, Cooler master 140 case fan 1000 rpm dual ball Link 140mm not really needed

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper D92 

** If I so Choose

Ben's PC 3.pdf

Don't bother with Broadwell. Either grab the 4790K or the newer 6700K, providing you intend to edit or render things as well as game.

Thanks

Don't bother with Broadwell. Either grab the 4790K or the newer 6700K, providing you intend to edit or render things as well as game.

Did anyone bother with Broadwell?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Did anyone bother with Broadwell?

What is the difference between Haswell and Broadwell

What is the difference between Haswell and Broadwell

I believe it has a better iGPU (integrated GPU). But that shouldn't be taken into consideration when you have a dedicated GPU.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

~snip~

Hey there Nebbie40 :) Welcome to the community! 

What will be the purpose of this build? These parts should work just fine together and should give you pretty good performance.
I would consider a aftermarket CPU cooler since you can OC the CPU and get even better performance.
Regarding the storage, a RAID1 configuration with two WD Red drives would be great for data safety and redundancy. If you have valuable data to store on this computer I would recommend that. Otherwise, WD Green is a very good drive for secondary massive storage, especially when you have a fast SSD for the Os and everything that can benefit from fast access times and high transfer speeds. :)
@Coombzy also gave you some good advice which I'd consider.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

OP, if you're on this kinda budget, go Skylake. Even just for the bragging rights. BUt seriously, DDR4 is here to stay, and the socket may be around for a while, too. 

Also, 16 GB ram is absolutly plenty. You could go 32, but it's not needed and you can do that later. Just keep in mind that at some point you'll need more. If you're sticking with Haswell, I strongly recommend 16. No use investing in so much ram that'll be outdated before you need all of it.

Also, if your case has place for an optical drive, just do it. They're really cheap and you never know, maybe you'd like to use it once or twice. It's just twenty bucks...

Hey there Nebbie40 :) Welcome to the community! 

What will be the purpose of this build? These parts should work just fine together and should give you pretty good performance.
I would consider a aftermarket CPU cooler since you can OC the CPU and get even better performance.
Regarding the storage, a RAID1 configuration with two WD Red drives would be great for data safety and redundancy. If you have valuable data to store on this computer I would recommend that. Otherwise, WD Green is a very good drive for secondary massive storage, especially when you have a fast SSD for the Os and everything that can benefit from fast access times and high transfer speeds. :)
@Coombzy also gave you some good advice which I'd consider.

Captain_WD.

Thanks This really helps

OP, if you're on this kinda budget, go Skylake. Even just for the bragging rights. BUt seriously, DDR4 is here to stay, and the socket may be around for a while, too. 

Also, 16 GB ram is absolutly plenty. You could go 32, but it's not needed and you can do that later. Just keep in mind that at some point you'll need more. If you're sticking with Haswell, I strongly recommend 16. No use investing in so much ram that'll be outdated before you need all of it.

Also, if your case has place for an optical drive, just do it. They're really cheap and you never know, maybe you'd like to use it once or twice. It's just twenty bucks...

Thanks Ill look into Skylake and ddr4 cards and motherboards.

Hi everyone! 

I'm a first time PC builder and I was wondering if these parts will work together? also if there's anything thing I can improve on could you please list the improvements. I'm aiming for $2500 - $5000. 

Thanks  :)

List Of Parts: Ben’s PC Build UPDATE #3                                              Budget: $2500 - $5000

Motherboard: Maximus Formula VII Link, Maximus VIII Hero https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULA/overview/ **

Ram: Corsair Pro Series 16gb 2x8 (CMY16GX3M2A1866C9) Link, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb (2x8gb) DDR4 (CMD16GX4M2A2666C15) Link **

Case: Corsair Graphite Series 230T Orange Link $119 No Power Supply 

Disk Drive: none

GPU: Matrix Platinum GeForce GTX 980 Link

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 5th Gen Link, Intel Core i7-6700 6th Gen Link**

Hard Drive: 2x WD Red 2 or 3Tb Raid 1 Config Link* or a single WD Green 3tb I'll probably use this one

SDD: Samsung 850 evo 256 gb Link

Mouse: maybe a razer mamba 2015

Keyboard: I'll find something

Power Supply: cooler master v series 550W LINK

Optional*

Radiator/s: none

Fans: X1 corsair Red LED cooling fan high static pressure twin pack Link 140mm, Cooler master 140 case fan 1000 rpm dual ball Link 140mm not really needed

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper D92 

** If I so Choose

I Have Updated this list to version #3