Shopping for A graphics card

I play many different games I could go as high as a 980TI if I wanted to but as I am only going for 1080p 60fps I see no need for it.

My specifications are as follows

FX 8350 piledriver amd octacore at 4.6 ghz oc

1600 Mhz ddr3 corsair vengeance

gtx 760 Gfx 2gb

Seagate barracuda hdd

Samsung evo 250gb ssd (840 850 was not released at the time)

CX600M PSU can be replaced with a packaged un used CX750M for free

ASUS sabretooth 990fx r2.0 Motherboard

I am interested in the GTX 970,r9 390X,GTX 980,R9 Fury,GTX 980 TI I don't feel like the fury x just because its water cooled its putting me off for some reason FYI 

Also Since I forgot cpu cooler is h100i temps are stable no more then 49 usually for core temps. and general cpu temps and motherboard temps are low also. For 1080p 60 fps out of the graphics cards I have suggested what would you all recommend. The vram limitations are kind of off putting due to the high amount of games using a lot of vram nower days. 

I have about 300 games shared between origin,uplay and steam so asking me what types of games I play is irrelevant coz I play most games

get a 390x and a new psu ( cx arre not good for gaming rigs)

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

get a 390x and a new psu ( cx arre not good for gaming rigs)

My friend I could not agree with you anymore I am planning either a evga supernova g2 850 or a RM850i Perhaps a 1000 and a crossfire setup 

I play many different games I could go as high as a 980TI if I wanted to but as I am only going for 1080p 60fps I see no need for it.

your cpu is gonna bottleneck hard man... better upgrade that dying platform first b4 getting a gpu

My friend I could not agree with you anymore I am planning either a evga supernova g2 850 or a RM850i Perhaps a 1000 and a crossfire setup

a g2 850 is enough for cf 390x

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

your cpu is gonna bottleneck hard man... better upgrade that dying platform first b4 getting a gpu

I have saw people running two 980's with this processor bruh I think you need to check your information first

I have saw people running two 980's with this processor bruh I think you need to check your information first

You can run as many gpu's as you want on the processor, but unless the game is extremely multithreaded to take advantage of the 8 cores, your cpu WILL bottleneck any gpu more than something at the 280 or 960 level.

You can run as many gpu's as you want on the processor, but unless the game is extremely multithreaded to take advantage of the 8 cores, your cpu WILL bottleneck any gpu more than something at the 280 or 960 level.

K then

K then

The performance you will get from these GPUs will be bottle-necked from almost any AMD processor because they have more cores but they are weaker than intel. And since games are not taking 8 cores to its advantage yet you will bottleneck it. If you have the money for a 980 ti then you should downgrade from that possibility and put some money towards a cpu and motherboard.

The performance you will get from these GPUs will be bottle-necked from almost any AMD processor because they have more cores but they are weaker than intel. And since games are not taking 8 cores to its advantage yet you will bottleneck it. If you have the money for a 980 ti then you should downgrade from that possibility and put some money towards a cpu and motherboard.

Ok then

Quite frankly I know it will not bottleneck a single 390X as my friend had a dual 290x setup that beasted everything and I have seen benchmarks at 4k with a 2x 390x fx 8350 getting about 80 fps on crysis 3 so Your opinion is simply being ignored  :)

Quite frankly I know it will not bottleneck a single 390X as my friend had a dual 290x setup that beasted everything and I have seen benchmarks at 4k with a 2x 390x fx 8350 getting about 80 fps on crysis 3 so Your opinion is simply being ignored  :)

I can get those numbers with a single 290 and an i5 :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I can get those numbers with a single 290 and an i5 :P

Well we are talking about max settings here and quite frankly if you are doing that with that rig at max settings and getting what I saw as about a minimum of 80 fps then I say good job coz you are obviously able to overclock like a mutha**

Well we are talking about max settings here and quite frankly if you are doing that with that rig at max settings and getting what I saw as about a minimum of 80 fps then I say good job coz you are obviously able to overclock like a mutha**

FX chips have crappy minimums mostly - a friend went from a Phenom II X4 (the base of the FX 8***) to an i5 4590 and said that averages barely changed but minimums went up by double digits.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

You on the forums for advice, and that's what i gave. And you decide to throw it back right in my face

You on the forums for advice, and that's what i gave. And you decide to throw it back right in my face

I'm not throwing it in your face I am simply telling you that I have evidence to the contrary especially considering most dx 11 games can utilize the multi core perfectly and I don't play really old games that often as I spend most of my time with my university work which is done making vidya games and only rarely get to play triple a titles and they perform perfectly on my cpu. As well as all the other people I know who have a similar cpu and either a 970/980/290x/390 who all get vast improvements on frame rates over me so quite frankly I simply do not believe what you are saying and to me it sounds like you are personally trying to make me waste money telling me to get an i5/i7 when i do not have any need for it.

Actually. You can consider SuperFlower units. Get them if they're cheaper. Evga SuperNova G2/P2 use SuperFlower Leadex units. Ideal cards (price to performance) for 1080p/60fps are the 970/390. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Actually. You can consider SuperFlower units. Get them if they're cheaper. Evga SuperNova G2/P2 use SuperFlower Leadex units. Ideal cards (price to performance) for 1080p/60fps are the 970/390. 

Thanks for the recommendations I will have a look on overclockers/amazon they are basically the only places to buy stuff in england online that are definitely not going to rob you

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-011-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2466 

^would you recommend this one it is semi modular which is nice and easy and it is gold rated I am not to familiar with super flower but it has good reviews and is about 15 pounds (23.17) dollars cheaper then the evga gold g2

I second everyone's opinion on the FX-series lineup. If you're happy with your processor and see no reason to upgrade, then excellent! Carry on, champ!

I personally went from an FX-6300 (overclocked slightly) to an i5-4690K (still sitting at stock) and I saw dramatic changes in video games. Little to no stuttering remained and framerates were motherfucking glorious. This was with a GTX 960.

If you're put off the Fury X specifically because it has a water cooler, why do you have an H100i? Doesn't really make sense to me.

At any rate, an R9 390(X) would be a good choice for you. They provide the best compromise between performance now and in the future with DX12 titles (judging by preliminary benchmarks, so take this with a pinch of salt).

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I second everyone's opinion on the FX-series lineup. If you're happy with your processor and see no reason to upgrade, then excellent! Carry on, champ!

I personally went from an FX-6300 (overclocked slightly) to an i5-4690K (still sitting at stock) and I saw dramatic changes in video games. Little to no stuttering remained and framerates were motherfucking glorious. This was with a GTX 960.

If you're put off the Fury X specifically because it has a water cooler, why do you have an H100i? Doesn't really make sense to me.

At any rate, an R9 390(X) would be a good choice for you. They provide the best compromise between performance now and in the future with DX12 titles (judging by preliminary benchmarks, so take this with a pinch of salt).

my case aint that great for having multiple radiators it would be better for the overall components with the current amount of fans I have and putting in a radiator doesn't make sense the h100i is a beauty for watercooling however my friend this opinion is completely unbiased what you have said I am fine with what I have and I have not seen any visible benchmarks with the processor I have on a similar if not exact same rig my friends/colleagues have therefore I believe personally that a 390 would be a good sweet spot and a 390x has a 100 dollar premium for absolutely no fucking benefits I have literally seen 2/3 benchmarks where a certain game (dont remember which) gets like 1 extra fps

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-011-SF&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2466 

^would you recommend this one it is semi modular which is nice and easy and it is gold rated I am not to familiar with super flower but it has good reviews and is about 15 pounds (23.17) dollars cheaper then the evga gold g2

Ah the Golden Green unit. That's also an excellent one. I have a Golden Green powering my system as well. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I'm going to point out I will be upgrading to some form of intel processor at some point not sure which likely a i7 or a 6600k probably not long from now to be honest