galaxy S6 vs iphone 6S: need a phone for 2 years, which one?

ytnaszzz

Well old hardware can't keep up with the demanding new operating system the same as new hardware does? Its like saying windows is intentionally skimping the performance of old hardware cuz win 7 runs shit on my pentium 4 laptop

happens to me too with my one m7. but since its apple, you must start a #apple gate 

"Demanding new operating system"

However, Apple fans claim that it's the most efficient thing since the curry eating to diarrhea balance. 

I would say go with neither...(sony fanboy incoming)...go with a z5 if you care about battery life...and software...there is some junk on it but it's just a few clicks to uninstall... (owner of a z3 compact, z1 compact and some other sony android phones)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I would say go with neither...(sony fanboy incoming)...go with a z5 if you care about battery life...and software...there is some junk on it but it's just a few clicks to uninstall... (owner of a z3 compact, z1 compact and some other sony android phones)

Yes but there are only these 2 brands here on contract.. And there will only be ( there is also lg g4 but it's just too dam big and the button is up there, and it has no fingerprint sensor)

The s6 edge seems to have a bigger battery at the end of the day (real life usage) but it is 40€ cheaper here on the starting payement of the contract (140€ initially + 23€/month for 2 years for the s6 edge and 90€ initially +21€/month for 2 years)

What do you guys think? the difference is here is on the edge 

*huehue*

In your situation I would actually go with the 6s as its NVMe storage is considerably faster making it feel snappier and iOS devices are generally better optimised/supported. Otherwise in every other way the s6 is a better phone and should be fine with software updates for two years.

6s. The ios updates slowing down your phone is just plain bs and myths. Every objective testing shows either the same benchmark scores or better real life performance (faster rendering in safari). The only reason the phone feels slower is because apps get demanding over time (yesterday's facebook update is close to 100mb for just the app which is absurd) and an operating system that is getting more and more complex. That combined with the massive performance increases in every new iPhone really leaves the previous phones in the dust. The 6s is also much faster than any smartphone that has ever existed, some even say that it's too fast.