Crossfire!

DeevoGold

crossfiring was always safe i never saw a gpu exploding after crossfire

if you mean drivers i would say no still not that good

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

No, it is not safe yet, your mouse will blow up!

But now serious, yes, go for it, AMD is the best bang for the back at the moment.

Great, I have a 7870 and want to pick up another. I just want it to work and not have to worry about screen tearing and what not.

Great, I have a 7870 and want to pick up another. I just want it to work and not have to worry about screen tearing and what not.

go for it i own 2 7870s and they are great together :)

i even put waterblock on the cards im very happy with the performance

screen tearing is always a issue when you disable vsync

even with a single gpu you get screen tearing in some games

the solution to screen tearing is 120hz monitor 

Sadly, the resale value of an HD 7870 isn't that amazing, but they haven't dropped much in prices.  But if you can get one for say less than 200 it might be a good idea!!

Hope this helps :)

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

My HD 7850 works quite fine. I just set it up the other day. It performs very good in many games with the 13.8 beta drivers. Some things still need to be improved though. My Unigine Heaven Bench:

rl18m.png

rl191.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

It is better to get the identical card for crossfire as well, right?  Also for the setup, you just need to plug the crossfire bridge in and it auto detects it, correct?

It is better to get the identical card for crossfire as well, right?  Also for the setup, you just need to plug the crossfire bridge in and it auto detects it, correct?

It isn't necessary to have the same brand of card for crossfire; it is however necessary to have the same iteration of a card (like two 7950's or two 780's). The only benefit to having the same brand of card is the aesthetic of it, but other than that there isn't any reason to have the same brand. Once you have the crossfire bridge set up, you just simply go into catalyst and enable crossfire.

It isn't necessary to have the same brand of card for crossfire; it is however necessary to have the same iteration of a card (like two 7950's or two 780's). The only benefit to having the same brand of card is the aesthetic of it, but other than that there isn't any reason to have the same brand. Once you have the crossfire bridge set up, you just simply go into catalyst and enable crossfire.

I agree different brands but identical GPUs will Crossfire. 

CPU: Ryzen 7-3700x 4.4GHz, MB: ASUS PRIME B450M-AGPU: SAPPHIRE RX 590, RAM: 16GB Corsair 3200MHz, SSD: 480GB Kingston HDD: 2TB WD Green, CHASSIS: CoolerMaster HAF 912, PSU: CoolerMaster Thunder 700W, COOLERHyper 212 Black Edition

Is it safe to crossfire yet?

Yes, but DIrectX9 and Eyefinity is not supported yet.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yes, but DIrectX9 and Eyefinity is not supported yet.

It is supported. However, the issues have not been fixed entirely. 

It is supported. However, the issues have not been fixed entirely. 

Which one? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Which one? 

With Crossfire, you can run EyeFinity and DX9 games. 

With Crossfire, you can run EyeFinity and DX9 games.

I should be more specific, the FramePacing fix is not supported yet for DX9 and Eyefinity or did i miss something?  :blink:

I should be more specific, the FramePacing fix is not supported yet for DX9 and Eyefinity or did i miss something?  :blink:

Thanks, I was wondering my self if it wasn't supported entirely. lol.