Your perfect game?

HutchisonSorbo

A few friends and myself are incredibly interested in game development, hoping one day in the near future after we finish our respective degrees, that we will have acquired the knowledge to create our own games. We have ideas of vast open world fantasy realms where the user is thrust into chaos, the combination of games like Fallout 3/New Vegas and the Mass Effect series to create an incredible open world with a gut wrenching story. My question is simple, if cost wasn't a factor and you had a team ready to make it happen what would you create? Would you keep it on the PC or make it available to consoles as well? I'm hoping that we can get a really good discussion going and you never know, maybe one day something will come out of it.  :) 

controller-evolution.jpg

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I would make a open world game, set in a steampunk/western world. (Think H.G. Wells meets Red Dead Redemtion). The main story should be good, but be somewhat in the background. The main focus should be on the random events and stories that would unfold in the world. The purist in me says to only make it on PC for better online server support and for optimization. The capitalist in me says make it to consols aswell, for the profit. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I would for lack of better description mix Call of Duty and GTA. An open world military game would be amazing IMO. It would of course be pc only

I would make a open world game, set in a steampunk/western world. (Think H.G. wells meets Red Dead Redemtion). The main story should be good, but be soomewhat in the background. The main focus should be on the random events and stories that would unfold in the world.  

I never had the chance to play Red Dead Redemption unfortunately but I think that's a fantastic combination of genres and I like the emphasis on random events.

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I would really like to play a version of fallout that actually has fluid controls.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I would for lack of better description mix Call of Duty and GTA. An open world military game would be amazing IMO. It would of course be pc only

An open world Call of Duty where you could drive cars, fly planes/helicopters and drive boats? I might play Call of Duty if that was in the next game  :P

I would really like to play a version of fallout that actually has fluid controls.

Care to elaborate? I definitely think that Fallout 3 and New Vegas needed polish   :wacko:

the map as big as in gta, ganeplay from bf3/4 and 500 players in 1 lobby. also pc only

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

An open world Call of Duty where you could drive cars, fly planes/helicopters and drive boats? I might play Call of Duty if that was in the next game  :P

If they took Call of Duty added vehicles and made it open world it just would not be cod anymore and there would be no point in buying it; cod knows what it is and it sticks to it.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

sw battlefront. this preety much is my perfect game

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Fallout MMO / The Division, immersive layout of the world and graphics, story should be somewhat good but not forced down your throat, like someone said before, the random events is where the game should come out shining. World that changes as the players play it. Give the players the freedom to do anything they want to, even RP. Players should be able to make the world to their liking, have stock exchanges, markets, corporations and so on. Nothing is certain, anything can change at anytime. As I'm writing this I realise, it's impossible to make but oh well, I can dream! Oh yeah, a lot of cities and every damn building should be enterable, oh and players should be able to build their own houses from preset templates or something. Holy crap, can someone get on this, like now please?

If they took Call of Duty added vehicles and made it open world it just would not be cod anymore and there would be no point in buying it; cod knows what it is and it sticks to it.

Exactly why I only played upto Call of Duty 4 and haven't revisited since unfortunately, just never enjoyed the linear story of the campaign and the arcade styling never drew me in.

the map as big as in gta, ganeplay from bf3/4 and 500 players in 1 lobby. also pc only

Have you tried out Planetside 2?  :P

Have you tried out Planetside 2?  :P

yeah, but i didn't liked it, i want maps like gta, like a skyline, u know what i mean?

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Fallout MMO / The Division, immersive layout of the world and graphics, story should be somewhat good but not forced down your throat, like someone said before, the random events is where the game should come out shining. World that changes as the players play it. Give the players the freedom to do anything they want to, even RP. Players should be able to make the world to their liking, have stock exchanges, markets, corporations and so on. Nothing is certain, anything can change at anytime. As I'm writing this I realise, it's impossible to make but oh well, I can dream! Oh yeah, a lot of cities and every damn building should be enterable, oh and players should be able to build their own houses from preset templates or something. Holy crap, can someone get on this, like now please?

Nothing's impossible! With PC technology increasing at the rate it is currently you never know what might happen. Love the ideas!  :D

Care to elaborate? I definitely think that Fallout 3 and New Vegas needed polish   :wacko:

(I have only played New Vegas but..) I think Fallout's strength are in its story telling and humour, that is what makes the game as fun as it is for me.

The problem is that gun play is a major and important part of Fallout, but it is so clumsy. If you compare a game like cod or battlefield they just handle gun mechanics much better. I swear that most of the iron sites in new vegas are not correct (i.e. the bullet does not go where you would think it should according to the sites) and the hit detection enemies is quite poor.

Also for a reason that is hard for me to explain I just find aiming most of the guns to be very clumsy in fallout compared to other fps games I play.

yeah, but i didn't liked it, i want maps like gta, like a skyline, u know what i mean?

Ah like a more modern setting as opposed to a fictional universe? I dig it.  ^_^

(I have only played New Vegas but..) I think Fallout's strength are in its story telling and humour, that is what makes the game as fun as it is for me.

The problem is that gun play is a major and important part of Fallout, but it is so clumsy. If you compare a game like cod or battlefield they just handle gun mechanics much better. I swear that most of the iron sites in new vegas are not correct (i.e. the bullet does not go where you would think it should according to the sites) and the hit detection enemies is quite poor.

Also for a reason that is hard for me to explain I just find aiming most of the guns to be very clumsy in fallout compared to other fps games I play.

Ah yes I completely understand where you're coming from, I've tried modding and it's helped slightly but it's just never had that polish to it. 

Ah like a more modern setting as opposed to a fictional universe? I dig it.  ^_^

yeah

Exactly why I only played upto Call of Duty 4 and haven't revisited since unfortunately, just never enjoyed the linear story of the campaign and the arcade styling never drew me in.

If COD's style is not your thing then there is no reason why you should play it.

I just find it irritating that people criticise the fact that every year cod is a fast paced arcade style fps as if they were expecting it to suddenly become battlefield. Every year release battlefield is still a large map shooter, with on map vehicles and "realistic" gun characteristics and fancier graphics but the people who hate on cod have no problems with battlefield.

I just don’t like the hypocrisy.

(the rant section of my comment is not directed at you :) )

Ah yes I completely understand where you're coming from, I've tried modding and it's helped slightly but it's just never had that polish to it. 

Oh and I forgot, the PC version of Fallout New Vegas came with mouse acceleration on by default with no in game option to disable it. You have to go into the game files and change a lign of text; just evidence of a lazy port.

If COD's style is not your thing then there is no reason why you should play it.

I just find it irritating that people criticise the fact that every year cod is a fast paced arcade style fps as if they were expecting it to suddenly become battlefield. Every year release battlefield is still a large map shooter, with on map vehicles and "realistic" gun characteristics and fancier graphics but the people who hate on cod have no problems with battlefield.

I just don’t like the hypocrisy.

(the rant section of my comment is not directed at you :) )

Haha I understand where you're coming from, I played quite a bit of number 4 and loved it until it just got a little stale after 2 years so I haven't been back in a while. I'm also not a big FPS person generally anymore and only picked up Battlefield 3 a month ago because it was $5  :P

I would make a text only based adventure game with a slender kind of twist. Or somehow make planet side 2 but with it being a zombie apocalypse. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I would make a text only based adventure game with a slender kind of twist. Or somehow make planet side 2 but with it being a zombie apocalypse. 

I'm really into the whole apocalyptic type of setting. Something like Left 4 Dead in a Planetside 2 like open world?