University Choice for Global Exchange

TheHolyCawCaw

Well I currently have the opportunity to take part in a Global Exchange Program.

I am currently at the University of Luxembourg and have some Universities to chose from : )

I want to study overseas mainly in the US. I have chosen the Northern Arizona University(Flagstaff) and the Miami University(Oxford).

The cheer beauty of the Arizona University is what makes me wish to be able to get this place (only 2 available), The Grand Canyon is only 1,5h away and Vegas 3,5h. And the landscape is fascinating!

But on the other hand the Miami University has a really good reputation but I do not really like the environment of it.

I just want to hear some opinions or even better some experience if sb went there or know someone who visited any of the above mentioned University.

Have you tried in California yet? Some of the universities there are AMAZING.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

As someone who does live in AZ..it's flat. Flat and very hot. :P

Have you tried in California yet? Some of the universities there are AMAZING.

California is unfortunately only for Law students : (

As someone who does live in AZ..it's flat. Flat and very hot. :P

Im going there in the winter semester.  Will it still be hot?^^

Im going there in the winter semester.  Will it still be hot?^^

You should be good during the winter, will be cool by then. :D

If I was going on an exchange I'd say 50% is the school and 50% where it's actually located: you can have the best school in the world but what good is it if you have to live in the middle of a warzone to get there?

-------

Current Rig

-------

California is unfortunately only for Law students : (

California colleges offer more than just law. Or do you mean just law students from your school can go study in California?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Try out some universities in California - CalTech, University of Berkely, Stanford, there's so much to choose from.

He listed his options that are available to him  through the program....

California colleges offer more than just law. Or do you mean just law students from your school can go study in California?

Well only one University in California is possible for us.  Its the University of San Francisco but yeah only law students from our university are allowed there : (

He listed his options that are available to him  through the program....

Try out some universities in California - CalTech, University of Berkely, Stanford, there's so much to choose from.

Well these are actually possible choice but some are only for a certain Faculty( For example only Law Students can go to certain Universities)

• The University of Newcastle, Australia
  • Northern Arizona University, USA (for Bachelor students)
  • Miami University, USA
  • University of San Francisco School of Law, USA (reserved for students in Law)
  • University at Buffalo/State University of New York, USA
  • William & Mary Law School, USA (reserved for students in Law)
  • Columbia University, USA (reserved for students in Law)
  • University of Louisville, USA (reserved for students in Law)
  • University of Virginia's College at Wise, USA (for Bachelor students)
  • Lakeland College,USA (for Bachelor students)
  • Universidad de la República, Uruguay
  • Universidad de Montevideo, Uruguay
  • Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil (for Bachelor students)
  • Renmin University, China (for Bachelor students and students of the Master of Science in Banking and Finance)
  • Tongji University, China (reserved for students in Economics and Management)
  • Shandong University, China (reserved for students in Economics and Management)
  • FUDAN University, China
  • Peking University, China (reserved for students in Law)
  • University of Hong Kong
  • King Mongkut’s University of Technology, Thailand (reserved for students in Engineering, Computer Science)
  • Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (reserved for students of the Master of Science in Banking and Finance)
  • Sophia University, Japan
  • Hokkaido University, Japan
  • Waseda University, Japan
  • National Law School of India, Bangalore (reserved for students in Law)
  • IIT Madras, India
  • National Research University - Higher School of Economics, Russia (reserved for students in Law and Master students in Economics)
  • Peter the Great St.Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
  • Istanbul Technical University (for Master students in Engineering, Computer Science)
  • Istanbul Kemerburgaz University (reserved for Bachelor students in Psychology)
  • Osgoode Hall Law School, Canada (reserved for students in Law)
  • University of Ottawa, Canada (reserved for students in Law)
  • University of Laval, Canada (reserved for students  in Law, Master students in Psychology and students of the Bachelor in Social and Education Sciences)
  • University of Sherbrooke, Canada (reserved for Bachelor students in Education Science)
  • Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
  • Université de Montreal, Canada
  • All the universities of the BCI network (Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire).

Canada would be a great choice but the problem is I wouldnt get the 4000€.  Only if we get accepted in the US we will get additional 4000(Wchich would mainly cover the cost of the flight which is hella expensive)

So if I would go to Canada I would pay the flights with my own money

Have you ever thought about Japan?

Have you ever thought about Japan?

I actually thought about going to Japan, but as they told us there is a class for the international students so I wouldnt really feel like being in a japanese class...I dont know why they do it like this but I dont find it very reasonable as you go there to meet japanese people