Windows 10 - CPU always running at 100%

MeGotsThis

From the screenshot (taken from boot), my CPU is always running at 100%.I have tried reinstall my windows multiple times and this does not happen right away. But it will eventually happen some days later. I have tried disabling services in msconfig and it does "fix" it but it is a lot of services to figure out from Microsoft end. I am a streamer and a speedrunner/programmer so I at least these programs installed and/or running in the background: OBS Multiplatform, Amarec (and Amarec Live), LiveSplit, Visual Studio 2015 Community, Teamviewer, FileHippo App Manager, Corsair Link, Skype, Steam. So I have tried closing the program with the highest CPU usage and another program will take its place. I have no idea where the source of the issue could be from.

post-80087-0-56280700-1444545920_thumb.p

have you tried leaving it run for a few days straight until it finishes whatever its doing instead of interrupting it and making it start all over?

also double check all your windows updates are installed

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

what you also can do is turnning off your realtime secruity in windows defender

A7ilaRx.png

Have you checked these settings, as they can change it, if they are on 100% you will want to put it to 1%

That won't be the issue power management usually tells your CPU the minimum frequency it should run at with 100℅ in min and max being the CPU running at its highest possible frequency regardless with no speed stepping it has nothing to do with CPU load. Service host: local system is one of the main culprits for high CPU and/or RAM usage I think it's a bug that MS needs to fix. If you're running Windows 10 there's pretty much nothing you can do because Service host: local system is basically the backbone of windows and if you end that your PC shuts down.

Also have you installed the latest drivers? Sometimes I certain driver that's either too old or not installed properly can give you issues

Also have you installed the latest drivers? Sometimes I certain driver that's either too old or not installed properly can give you issues

He is right.

I believe I have the latest drivers for everything. Any way I can double check? I was thinking it could be a driver, but it would not explain that if I reinstall Windows it does not show this behavior initially with all drivers and Windows Updates and software installed. Like if I reinstall Windows, I check to see when the problem appear upon installing anything and it does not happen. It only happens after a few days later.