How To Autodesk Maya?

Tocsin_786

I always wanted to do 3D animation and can get Maya for free since im a student, but how do i use this thing. the online tutorials out there are very hard to follow compared to learning how to use premiere. What do you guys recommend? and i dont have Lynda so dont recommend that. maybe link a nice basic tutorial?  The way i learned Sony Vegas was by watching a guy who created a video called "5 steps to make your sony vegas video look good" and after that i basically learned everything on my own and did alot with that software. If that can be done for Maya (i know its a much more complicated and power piece of software) then i will be happy. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I'm still trying to learn Blender... The best tutorials I find are beginner noob stuff, and also just looking up various modeling videos to see what tool they're using to modify various objects.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

-video-

that will take some time to watch, but i guess its the complete tutorial. so thanks for this. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Don't start with Maya, you are better off starting with Blender since once you get to the point where you work is actually good you will have two choices buy the software or change to something that will give you the possibility to earn money with it since the student license it's extremely limited.