Anyone know Best Buy's Employee discount policy? (often you can buy, etc)

LaboonTheWhale

Hey all

So I'm applying to Best buy to just kill my boredom at home and I could get discounts for stuff I like.

But anyone know how they manage discounts? Like how often? Because I hear its pretty much warehouse PLUS ~5-15% on certain items.

I feel like they would'nt  let me go and grab a bulk of stuff and go buy them with suspicion of 3rd party selling. appreciate buying a shitton of stuff all at once. 

Edited error and reworded to make it sound less illegal. 

Hey all

So I'm applying to Best buy to just kill my boredom at home and I could get discounts for stuff I like. 

But anyone know how they manage discounts? Like how often? Because I hear its pretty much warehouse Minus ~5% on certain items. 

I feel like they would'nt let me go and grab a bulk of stuff and go buy them with suspicion of 3rd party selling. 

thats kind of illegal

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

It varies on items. But I think it's back to 10-15% above cost.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

thats kind of illegal

I understand... But I'm in the process of upgrading my pc. Me needing a gpu, cpu, and a monitor and maybe a few games, that a lot to purchase at once and would they allow that.

I understand... But I'm in the process of upgrading my pc. Me needing a gpu, cpu, and a monitor and maybe a few games, that a lot to purchase at once and would they allow that.

I'm sure they would but prove it to them if their doubtful 

It was cost plus 20% when I was working there eight years ago. I doubt it has changed much since then.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I'm sure they would but prove it to them if their doubtful 

How do I prove that though? bring in my barebones case? lol 

How do I prove that though? bring in my barebones case? lol 

pictures i guess

Lol I know people who jack excess stock of goodies and sell them based on true value.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

in high school (10 years ago) i knew kids that worked there and would spend thousands on car audio stuff, use it for a few months (if that) and sell it and get newer/better stuff (while still making money).   I  believe car audio has a good discound, while some things like apple products get next to nothing.  I dont know what kind of a discount they give on pc components

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

They stopped selling PC software FYI, and I am in their home state of Minnesota so I know, plus I was just in there last week !

it varies. I had a job offer there back in 2008 and the discount as stated at the time was 3-10% above actual unit cost. Things that were branded by best buy like cables and TVs you could get for ridiculous discounts. But now, I believe its gone up. RadioShack discounts were 30% at the time (on branded merch) and 10% off everything else.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!