GTX 970 vs R9 390

Subduck
Go to solution Solved by Sammael,

This is the most confusing topic i have ever started...

It's actually not so bad.  The people telling you to get the 970 are advising you to buy a slower card for the same money, that already does worse on average than a 390 today in dx11, and with a gap that will almost certainly widen with more dx12 titles.

The reason they do this is because they love nvidia, and want to see them dominate the sales charts.  In the end, they don't care if nvidia releases a slower card, they just want their own brand loyalty validated and reinforced by others choosing the inferior part like they did.  Actually, that goes too far, if they got a 970 when it launched it made more sense, if they got one after the 390 was released, the tweaked Hawaii part, they chose the slower horse and are desperately seeking validation through the purchases of others.  It's quite transparent.  Do not follow them into the abyss of inferior performance, they will lead you down the path of darkness and slower framerates and lower minimum frames in gpu ram heavy games and dx12 titles.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

It's actually not so bad.  The people telling you to get the 970 are advising you to buy a slower card for the same money, that already does worse on average than a 390 today in dx11, and with a gap that will almost certainly widen with more dx12 titles.

The reason they do this is because they love nvidia, and want to see them dominate the sales charts.  In the end, they don't care if nvidia releases a slower card, they just want their own brand loyalty validated and reinforced by others choosing the inferior part like they did.  Actually, that goes too far, if they got a 970 when it launched it made more sense, if they got one after the 390 was released, the tweaked Hawaii part, they chose the slower horse and are desperately seeking validation through the purchases of others.  It's quite transparent.  Do not follow them into the abyss of inferior performance, they will lead you down the path of darkness and slower framerates and lower minimum frames in gpu ram heavy games and dx12 titles.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...