Help! Updating mobo for kaveri cpu

Go to solution Solved by Chekhov,

Alright, so if the CPU you had was an FM2 Socket CPU, and you're upgrading to a Socket FM2+ cpu, youll need to put the FM2 socket CPU back in, in order to Update/Flash your BIOS.

If you aleready had a FM2+ Socket CPU in the motherboard and it was working fine, then ignore the above.

1. Visit this website: "http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4875#bios" without quotations, and I would recommend downloading The "F4" Update for your BIOS,

2. Itll download as an exe for 7zip, so just double click the .exe and have it extract to your preferred location.

3. Make sure to have a USB flash drive that is formatted, then Place the files you extracted on the USB Flash Drive.

4. Shut Down your PC, and Proceed into your BIOS, usually it's the "Delete" Key.

5. I think there should be something called "M-Flash" (I think that's for MSI motherboards not sure) It should say something along the name of having "Flash" In it.

6. If step 4-5 didn't work, then restart your PC again, and instead of hitting "Delete" Hit "F12" on bootup, itll bring up the Boot Drive list. When it pops up, Choose your USB Flash Drive and that should be it!

so i have all the parts, the older cpu and am running windows on it, but i cant seem to update the motherboard bios.  if someone could leave a step by step that would be lovely. the mobo is the gigabyte f2a78m-d3h

Alright, so if the CPU you had was an FM2 Socket CPU, and you're upgrading to a Socket FM2+ cpu, youll need to put the FM2 socket CPU back in, in order to Update/Flash your BIOS.

If you aleready had a FM2+ Socket CPU in the motherboard and it was working fine, then ignore the above.

1. Visit this website: "http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4875#bios" without quotations, and I would recommend downloading The "F4" Update for your BIOS,

2. Itll download as an exe for 7zip, so just double click the .exe and have it extract to your preferred location.

3. Make sure to have a USB flash drive that is formatted, then Place the files you extracted on the USB Flash Drive.

4. Shut Down your PC, and Proceed into your BIOS, usually it's the "Delete" Key.

5. I think there should be something called "M-Flash" (I think that's for MSI motherboards not sure) It should say something along the name of having "Flash" In it.

6. If step 4-5 didn't work, then restart your PC again, and instead of hitting "Delete" Hit "F12" on bootup, itll bring up the Boot Drive list. When it pops up, Choose your USB Flash Drive and that should be it!