Corsair 900D

dav1257

I noticed someone ask about the 900D on the live show but Linus never answered it.

So what do ppl think about it? Any 800D owners wanna wade in?

I have a HAF X but despise the side panel fan that obscures my graphics card

I dont have a 800d, but I have seen the pictures of the 900d and I think that it is way to big for what I want, mebbe for people who want a decent liquid cooling case it would be an option, but other than that, I would personally go with the 800d.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

The 800D successor will have the name 900D "Godzilla". According to leaked information the dimensions will be 251mm x 694 mm x 655 mm (W x H x D), it will support ATX, E-ATX, XL-ATX, HP-ATX mobos, contain up to 15 data drives (SSD, HDD). The outside will be completely chrome-black and have a huge window. Beneath the window there will be a big mesh area for fans/cooling, supporting up to two 480mm radiators in the bottom compartment. The front I/O will offer, besides 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks, four USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 plugs.

Source: http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Gehaeuse-Hardware-213436/News/Corsair-900D-Godzilla-neuer-Full-Tower-enthuellt-1026263/

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Its a shame its prob too big but it looks sexy lol. Love the window.

It amazes me that case manufacturers cannot seem to create a side panel that ppl like. It seems simple to me.

The 900D is looking like it's gonna go head on with the Coolermaster Comosos II which is a pretty damn large case.

Seems like the 900D is gonna compete with the biggest of them. Lets hope they do it right. Although it is Corsair, so it would be very hard for them to go wrong. XD

The 900D seems to me like a watercooling enthusiasts dream it can fit 2 480mm rads and it looks pretty cool from the pictures I've seen

From the picture shown above it looks awesome! I personnaly have the 650D and I love how the case works and the overall build quality that Corsair managed to get. The biggest complaint I've read about the 800D that I think will be the case for the 900D is that since it's extremely high, you need to make sure that all your cables are long enough and that you have extensions for the ones that are not. But I think that's to be expected with that kind of case.

My final toughts about this is that, with the picture posted above and if I had more high components and greater needs, I'll probably look at my 650D and consider the 900D.

I remember a review of the 800D by Tiny Tom Logan where he commented on how poor the air flow was because of the seperate compartments. Think it creates baffles that prevent ideal air flow.

Guess he was implying that it is really more ideal for watercooling.

Assume the 900D will be the same

I remember a review of the 800D by Tiny Tom Logan where he commented on how poor the air flow was because of the seperate compartments. Think it creates baffles that prevent ideal air flow. Guess he was implying that it is really more ideal for watercooling. Assume the 900D will be the same

The same but absolutely monstrous,

From some of the speculation I think it looks great, too bad I just got a 800D for a cheap price :(

This case will be a monster for watercooling

People who should be interested in that kind of case must be running an EVGA SR-X mobo atleast dual graphics and dual cpu's all watercooled. If you don't have a system like that 800D all the way. And 4 USB3 ports? Maybe on LGA 1150 or an Extreme edition Haswell mobos they will have dual USB3 headers - who knows.

The 900d looks pretty sweet. I really do like the big window. Unfortunatly it is not for me, since I like to have my cases sorta small. But I would deffo want to see a build in one of them bad boys.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

I just realized how many extensions you're gonna need for all of you cables...

I own an 800D, and it is probably the limit for me in terms of size. I have measured my desk in correspondence with those leaked dimensions of the 900D, and it wouldn't fit lol. So while some parts of the 800D i don't like- such as the lack of places to tie cable ties too on the back of the motherboard tray, the requirement of screws to use the hot-swap bay (how is it 'hot' if one must take one's time to screw the drive in?) and the somewhat poor allocation of space (a triple radiator only? really?), i think the 800D is simply the limit in terms of space, and Coirsair really shouldn't have made the 900D so big. Or at least release an updated and improved version of the 800D, while maintain its size, or even making it smaller.

@Christian, I think Corsair should of just updated the 800D since it is a pretty popular case among builders and i still can't believe the side panel is flimsy, it was bent ;____________;

I think i do agree that simply updating the design of the 800D would have been nice

900D is pretty cool but, i still think the 800D is cooler (=

I liked the curved side window of the 800d and that's the main advantage over cosmos II. Why would CM not include a window?!!! It's a beast case, therefore, you're probably putting beast components in it worth seeing. 900d looks good though, 800 is a little outdated.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

I liked the curved side window of the 800d and that's the main advantage over cosmos II. Why would CM not include a window?!!! It's a beast case, therefore, you're probably putting beast components in it worth seeing. 900d looks good though, 800 is a little outdated.
I agree with everythin u just sed

That very could have been me, if you saw 247Unbiased247 tweeting 2 - 3 times than yeah, I wanted to hear what they had to say but i was unlucky oh well :)

also for people worried about air cooling in the 900D

here's the thread where a Corsair product manager by the name of CorsairGeorge has been linking information

He first shows a teaser pick (he has since shown more pics and info)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1297712/mizukicommunity-corsair-900d-godzilla-unveiled/870

Bonus link where he mentions front fan placement

http://www.overclock.net/t/1297712/mizukicommunity-corsair-900d-godzilla-unveiled/950

Now the short and sweet condensed version it has spacing off the top of my head for

Front : 120:3 (rad supported)

Top : 120:4 140:3 (rad supported)

Back : 120:1 140:1 (rad supported)

Basement: 120:4 140:3 (rad supported)

Happy Reading

I will be sure to be on the lookout for the 900D whilst at CES in a few days. Stay tuned! :D

LL

One of the completed build of 900d from a more recent teaser by Corsair George in the Overclock.net forums.

From the looks, it would be by far the greatest case for water cooling excluding those costly caselabs, mountain mods, without any mods or any additional mounting mechanisms,

a total of 2 60 wide 480mm and 2 240mm radiators can be mounted. The price is going to be right under $400 which makes it a great deal for what is gives.

Can't wait to know the release date which will most likely be announced in CES.

^ Wow...looks amazing!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad