good photo editing software

Kingcomicbook

im looking for a decent photo editing software that isn't photoshop cuz its too expensive. :/ Paint isnt going to cut it xD

I've heard GIMP is good

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

Honestly, I don't know many people who buy photoshop...  ;)

LOL ive legit never done any of that stuff ... sooooooo im not sure if that would

Go pirate photoshop it's what all the 'cool kids' do these days ._.

Do you have a set budget on what you want to spend?

Lightroom usually costs around $150-$175, a fair price for what it is if you ask me.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Honestly, I don't know many people who buy photoshop...  ;)

I have a subscription to CC for Premiere Pro and Photoshop. IMHO it's the best photoediting software...GIMP is crap :\

OP, if you need it to work, just save some money and get Photoshop. If not, just stick with any freeware solution just like GIMP.

OR, you may choose Photoshop Elements, that is a cheaper, less powerful edition of Photoshop.

I'm just going to post again because I'm amazed that people didn't immediately recommend the free version of CS2 Photoshop.

I would've thought that this information is well known with people interested in photo editing. I've always thought that Photoshop is the industry standard when it comes to photo editing.

You can download the CS2 version of Photoshop for free from Adobe. Just google photoshop CS2 download. You'll get a news article with the proper Adobe download link. All the other Adobe software are also available. The first link will be Adobes newest patch for the program. I used the techspot articles link.

And it's not as old as it sounds like. I have no problems using it. Compared to the newer versions it's only missing like the content aware effects. The UI is pretty much the same as with the newer versions.

thanks for the help in downloading it now :)

Cheers mate. If you're not familiar with Photoshop you can find tons of great tutorials online that still apply to the CS2 version. Or if you have problems just make another topic here on the forums and I'm sure somebody will help you out.

Happy editing!

ive used photoshop before at school so im pretty familiar with it. im super surprised i never knew about this before xD