Question about sas

johnermon
Go to solution Solved by scottyseng,

I have a motherboard with sata 2 and sas 6gbit. Will my ssd work at full speed if I plug it into the sas ports. I know sas ls backwards compatible with sata. I just wanna ditch my sata 6 controller.

Yes, it will work at full speed if you plug it into the SAS port. You will need a SAS 6Gb/s to four sata breakout cable.

I have a motherboard with sata 2 and sas 6gbit. Will my ssd work at full speed if I plug it into the sas ports. I know sas ls backwards compatible with sata. I just wanna ditch my sata 6 controller.

F67B7138-5C9F-4AB0-8B4A-2C24735D41D9.jpg

oh wait..

idk

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

What motherboard?

SAS is older than SATA and theoretically is a type of SCSI protocol with God knows what connector, with 3gb theoretical throughput. Never seen them in action honestly.

Yes, it will work at full speed if you plug it into the SAS port. You will need a SAS 6Gb/s to four sata breakout cable.