Google Project Fi - Any good?

Snickerzz

My contract with Verizon ends in a month and I'm thinking of switching to Project Fi, the coverage map has my entire town covered in 4G LTE. Anyone have any real experience with it though?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It's a very niche service. I've heard almost exclusively good things about it, and have an invite of my own, but I haven't switched. The 3 devices you can use on it (2 unreleased but announced, the other the 2014 Nexus 6) is a bit restrictive, too.

It's a very niche service. I've heard almost exclusively good things about it, and have an invite of my own, but I haven't switched. The 3 devices you can use on it (2 unreleased but announced, the other the 2014 Nexus 6) is a bit restrictive, too.

yeah i knew that. Even if i dont switch to Fi i may get the 6P anyways so the restricted devices isnt much of an issue

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

yeah i knew that. Even if i dont switch to Fi i may get the 6P anyways so the restricted devices isnt much of an issue

I'm getting a 6P as well, but you'll be waiting at least a month for the 6P to even be released, so you'd have to renew with Verizon, switch to some Prepaid briefly, or go without a phone. :\

I'm getting a 6P as well, but you'll be waiting at least a month for the 6P to even be released, so you'd have to renew with Verizon, switch to some Prepaid briefly, or go without a phone. :\

my contract has a bit more than a month, i think november actually xD don't worry :)

Republic wireless is 5$ cheaper per month so...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."