Windows 8.1 release date annonced

GoodBytes

Microsoft is announcing that Windows 8.1 will be officially released October 18th of this year. It will be available a day earlier on Windows Store, for those that don't have Windows 8 already. So Windows 8 users can get it for free October 17, at 7AM ET.

windows81handson1_1020_large_verge_mediu

RTM will be available to OEMs in the coming weeks.

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2013/08/14/mark-your-calendars-for-windows-8-1.aspx
Picture Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/14/4620516/windows-8-1-release-date-october-18th

Unified Search :D

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

They still need to fix the start button ...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

already posted.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

Misleading title and no text in the post beside a link, makes it impossible for me to know if it was already posted, let alone search before posting. So no, it was not posted before.

They still need to fix the start button ...

Oh c'mon just use the stardock software and fix it yourself if you think it's THAT bad.

Anyways, nice to see they're not charging anything for it, and I'm hoping games use 8.1 features like tiled resources in the near future (I want dem graphics)

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

I am surprised no one wondered why the RTM would be released in a few weeks, yet the retail release in October....

I think it has to do with the Surface 2. I have a feeling that both will be released together. Microsoft won't release the Surface 2 just to have Windows 8.1 just follow up immediately after.

No, not yet. "In the coming weeks" Microsoft says. It will be for OEMs only. I don't know if MSDN and MSDNAA (DreamSpark) subscribers will have it too.