TF2 Line Glitch

Number

Whenever I move my mouse a little in tf2 Its not lag but I see little line scales, what can be the problem? IS it a faulty gpu?

Numbre

Could you get a picture of what you're describing by chance?

Could you get a picture of what you're describing by chance?

Can i get back to you on that by tomorrow?

Numbre

Can i get back to you on that by tomorrow?

Just post it in this thread whenever you can. Someone will see it if not me.

Just post it in this thread whenever you can. Someone will see it if not me.

Alright, my GPU is a GTX 750ti from ASUS could it be a faulty card? Basically, I see a bit of lines/ screen tearing when I move the mouse in Team Fortress. Any tips?

Numbre

Alright, my GPU is a GTX 750ti from ASUS could it be a faulty card? Basically, I see a bit of lines/ screen tearing when I move the mouse in Team Fortress. Any tips?

If it's only what I think it is (according to what you're describing now), enable V-Sync in TF2's display or graphics settings menu and it'll go away.

If it's only what I think it is (according to what you're describing now), enable V-Sync in TF2's display or graphics settings menu and it'll go away.

What do you think it is? If you can be exact.  :)

Numbre

What do you think it is? If you can be exact.  :)

Just how the frames look when they're not in sync with your monitor's refresh rate, mainly because your GPU is rendering more than your monitor can display - screen tearing, like you said.

Just how the frames look when they're not in sync with your monitor's refresh rate, mainly because your GPU is rendering more than your monitor can display - screen tearing, like you said.

If this helps his GPU came with an OC

just saying

if that helps

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

If this helps his GPU came with an OC

just saying

if that helps

It'll clock down automatically when V-Sync is enabled since it won't render more frames/work harder than it needs to.

It'll clock down automatically when V-Sync is enabled since it won't render more frames/work harder than it needs to.

so... lower FPS and better refresh rate

kk

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

so... lower FPS and better refresh rate

kk

That's one way of putting it.

That's one way of putting it.

Alright so my friends says he can run gta at about 100 FPS with no screen tearing with a 75hz monitor. How is this possible?

Numbre

Alright so my friends says he can run gta at about 100 FPS with no screen tearing with a 75hz monitor. How is this possible?

Some games have noticeable screen-tearing to the point where it's hard to even play (Bioshock: Infinite comes to mind) and others, like GTA:5 apparently don't have it that bad.

I bet you it's there though, you just have to look for it, if he's not using V-Sync that is.

Some games have noticeable screen-tearing to the point where it's hard to even play (Bioshock: Infinite comes to mind) and others, like GTA:5 apparently don't have it that bad.

I bet you it's there though, you just have to look for it, if he's not using V-Sync that is.

But when linus tests his games how come I dont see any screen tearing?

Numbre

Is it possible to run more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor without screen tearing?

Numbre

But when linus tests his games how come I dont see any screen tearing?

It depends on the game, how noticeable it is. Even though you can't notice it doesn't mean it isn't there either. It may just be small enough for your eye not to catch it.

https://youtu.be/dqiOX-4fjdw?t=54s

Example of Far Cry 4's screen tearing issue (may have been fixed by now to not be so bad).

But like I said, it varies from game to game on how bad it is.

Is it possible to run more than 60fps on a 60hz monitor without screen tearing?

No. Screen tearing occurs when the GPU is outputting frames at a rate not in sync with the monitor's refresh rate; anything under or over 60fps would cause screen tearing. To what extent, it varies.

It depends on the game, how noticeable it is. Even though you can't notice it doesn't mean it isn't there either. It may just be small enough for your eye not to catch it.

https://youtu.be/dqiOX-4fjdw?t=54s

Example of Far Cry 4's screen tearing issue (may have been fixed by now to not be so bad).

But like I said, it varies from game to game on how bad it is.

https://youtu.be/GJoVjOk1SVY?t=1m46s Is 144+ fps would have screen tearing no matter what right?

Numbre

https://youtu.be/GJoVjOk1SVY?t=1m46s Is 144+ fps would have screen tearing no matter what right?

So like I said, if the GPU is outputting frames at a rate not in sync with the monitor's refresh rate, screen tearing will occur. It just varies to what extent and how noticeable it is.