BeQuiet SW2 1500RPM or Fractal Design Venturi HF12 low power adaptor

Metro

Hello

Should I get the BeQuiet SW2 1500RPM or Fractal Design Venturi HF12 low power adaptor for case fans at 120mm

These are the Venturi figures

Low speed adapter speed

1100 RPM

Low speed adapter Static pressure

0.89 mm H2O

Low speed adapter Air flow

65.8 CFM

111.8 m3/h

Low speed adapter Noise level

19.0 dB (A)

These are the BeQuiet figures

Fan speed @ 12V (rpm)
Air flow @ 12V (cfm, m3/h)
50.5 / 85.8
Air pressure @ 12V (mm H2O)
Noise level @ 12V (dB(A))

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

The Venturis will move more air, but are definitly louder.

The Silent Wings 2 120mm are really awesome fans when it comes to build quality and noise. Air pressure is also pretty good. Air flow isn't great, but good enough for most cases.

I uses three SW2s myself and I really like them. Definitly recommended!

The Venturis will move more air, but are definitly louder.

The Silent Wings 2 120mm are really awesome fans when it comes to build quality and noise. Air pressure is also pretty good. Air flow isn't great, but good enough for most cases.

I uses three SW2s myself and I really like them. Definitly recommended!

What speed do you run them at in your case

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

There is no general standard of testing airflow and static pressure in the industrial. Manufacturers can post anything they want. The spec means very little for comparing fans of different brands.

The Fractal Design Venturi HF-12 is not for air cooler or radiator. Good for exhaust, but not for intake with air filter. The low power adaptor is a inline plug to reduce speed. The fan runs at 1,400rpm without it. If you want to use for radiator, get the HP-12 PWM.

What speed do you run them at in your case

I use the 5V adapter.

Not sure what the exact speed is, but probably something around 500-600 RPM.

They're almost inaudible.

There is no general standard of testing airflow and static pressure in the industrial. Manufacturers can post anything they want. The spec means very little for comparing fans of different brands.

The Fractal Design Venturi HF-12 is not for air cooler or radiator. Good for exhaust, but not for intake with air filter. The low power adaptor isd a inline plug to reduce speed. The fan runs at 1,400rpm without it.

I give up, they really need to use one standard to measure fans, so you recommended the BeQuiet fans

I use the 5V adapter.

Not sure what the exact speed is, but probably something around 500-600 RPM.

They're almost inaudible.

Did you try running them at 100 percent

I give up, they really need to use one standard to measure fans, so you recommended the BeQuiet fans

I know it's confusing as hell.

Are you still searching for replacing fans for your EK AIO? If you really want to. My first choice will be Gentle Typhoon 1500rpm version. Absolutely the best for radiator in both cooling performance and low noise. But it's very hard to find them in stock. Second will be Noctua NF-F12. At lower speed, 1,000-1,300rpm. It's as good as Gentle Typhoon.

Did you try running them at 100 percent

Actually there is a standard to messure pressure and airflow.

In Europe we use mmH2O for air pressure and m³/h for airflow. Of course the manufacturer doesn't have to use these standards, but most of them do. The problem is, that no one is controlling the numbers that the manufacturer puts on the box.

Yes, from time to time I do that.

At 100% they will obviously get louder, but not annoyingly loud. I have an Corsair Air 540 which is pretty bad when it comes to noise isolation and for me it sounds fine.

I know it's confusing as hell.

Are you still searching for replacing fans for your EK AIO? If you really want to. My first choice will be Gentle Typhoon 1500rpm version. Absolutely the best for radiator in both cooling performance and low noise. But it's very hard to find them in stock. Second will be Noctua NF-F12. At lower speed, 1,000-1,300rpm. It's as good as Gentle Typhoon.

I cannot really get GT in the UK, I am looking to order the things from Scan

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/coolers-air/system-case-fans-120mm-130mm

They do sell the Noctua NF F12 though

So I would use this

3 120mm BeQuiet 1500RPM fans at the front, 2 140mm BeQuiet 1000RPM fans at the bottom, 1 140mm BeQuiet 1000RPM fan at the back, then 3 Noctua NF F12 1200RPM fans on the radiator

How does this sound (pun) will it be quiet but give good performance

I cannot really get GT in the UK, I am looking to order the things from Scan

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/coolers-air/system-case-fans-120mm-130mm

They do sell the Noctua NF F12 though

So I would use this

3 120mm BeQuiet 1500RPM fans at the front, 2 140mm BeQuiet 1000RPM fans at the bottom, 1 140mm BeQuiet 1000RPM fan at the back, then 3 Noctua NF F12 1200RPM fans on the radiator

How does this sound (pun) will it be quiet but give good performance

Looks good. :D

Actually there is a standard to messure pressure and airflow.

In Europe we use mmH2O for air pressure and m³/h for airflow. Of couse the the manufacturer doesn't have to use these standards, but most of them do. The problem is, that no on is controlling the numbers that the manufacturer puts on the box.

Yes, from time to time I do that.

At 100% they will obviously get louder, but not annoyingly loud. I have an Corsair Air 540 which is pretty bad when it comes to noise isolation and for me it sounds fine.

Yes, there are standard to measure. But no rule how the manufacturers test the fans. Also, they usually only list the spec at full speed. You just can't compare a fan with 2,200rpm and another one with 1,500rpm that way.

Looks good. :D

I was looking at push pull on the EK Predator 360mm but I think that I will just put them in pull like the fans were currently in on it.

Yes, there are standard to measure. But no rule how the manufacturers test the fans. Also, they usually only list the spec at full speed. You just can't compare a fan with 2,200rpm and another one with 1,500rpm that way.

I haven't seen a fixed RPM and dB(A) since I don't know for how long anymore.

Usually they advertise them like this for example:

• 500 - 1500 RPM
  • 17.3 - 28.6 db(A)

That gives me enough information usually.

Or sometimes they differenciate bewteen with and without the "low noise adapter" like Thermaltake does with their Riing fans.

I haven't seen a fixed RPM and dB(A) since I don't know for how long anymore.

Usually they advertise them like this for example:

• 500 - 1500 RPM
  • 17.3 - 28.6 db(A)

That gives me enough information usually.

Or sometimes the differenciate bewteen with and without the "low noise adapter" like Thermaltake does with their Riing fans.

But are the infomation about noise level and static pressure reliable? I find they aren't in many cases.

What mounting should I use for the fan as it comes with rubber and plastic, which is the best to use to mount it

But are the infomation about noise level and static pressure reliable? I find they aren't in many cases.

Yes, that's true. That's exactly what I meant.

The numbers are all the same and there is a standard, but reliability is a different story.

Often the manufacturer just lies. I was surprised that Thermaltake out of all companys was actually pretty spot on. I didn't test exactly how loud it was, but I think that the numbers are pretty correct.

But yes, you're correct. Don't trust the manufacturer on that. Therefor we have benchmarks by "independent" sites. But even they can lie...  <_<

Yes, that's true. That's exactly what I meant.

The numbers are all the same and there is a standard, but reliability is a different story.

Often the manufacturer just lies. I was surprised that Thermaltake out of all companys was actually pretty spot on. I didn't test exactly how loud it was, but I think that the numbers are pretty correct.

But yes, you're correct. Don't trust the manufacturer on that. Therefor we have benchmarks by "independent" sites. But even they can lie...  <_<

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition @ 12v-1,450rpm

-static pressure - 1.29 mmH2O

-airflow - 62.74 CFM

Noctua NF-F12 @12v- 1,500rpm

-static pressure - 2.61 mmH20

-airflow - 54.97 CFM(93.4 m3/h)

According to the specs, Corsair SP120 beats the Noctua hand down. Yeah, if anyone will believe that.

I was looking at push pull on the EK Predator 360mm but I think that I will just put them in pull like the fans were currently in on it.

push/pull doesn't make much of a difference, 2-3 degrees at most, but in my case i got my rad in the front so i have push/pull to get more airflow to my GPU and mobo.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition @ 12v-1,400rpm

-static pressure - 3.1 mmH2O

-airflow - 62.74 CFM

According to the specs, Corsair SP120 beats the Noctua hand down. Yeah, if anyone will believe that.

Yeah, that's some nice bullshit, but nothing compared to CM SickleFlows

Speed (R.P.M.) 2000 R.P.M. Air pressure (mmH2O) 2.94 mmH2O Fan Noise Level (dB-A) 19 dB-A

According to cooler master, they made BY FAR the best rad fan in the market, and it's cheap! Gotta love those spec sheets lol

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition @ 12v-1,400rpm

-static pressure - 3.1 mmH2O

-airflow - 62.74 CFM

Where did you get those stats?

Because the ones from the corsair fan aren't correct.

The "Quiet Edition" runs at 1450RPM, with 1.29 mmH2O and 63.97m³/h.

The stats you've named are the stats for the "Performance Edition" which runs at 2350 RPM. And that would make actually sense. At that RPM it would probably perform better than a Noctua fan at 1500 RPM. It would be a lot louder obviously.

Where did you get those stats?

Because the ones from the corsair fan aren't correct.

The "Quiet Edition" runs at 1450RPM, with 1.29 mmH2O and 63.97m³/h.

The stats you've named are the stats for the "Performance Edition" which runs at 2350 RPM. And that would make actually sense. At that RPM it would probably perform better than a Noctua fan at 1500 RPM. It would be a lot louder obviously.

I mess up, sorry.

So what mounts should I use for the fan :)

Rubber.

Thanks for your help, now just got to try and get the EK Predator 360mm into a Corsair 780t case