HELP! Mouse keeps spinning only in Battlefield 3

Since about 3 weeks ago this problem showed up

I launch a game/join a server move around a bit. and my mouse just constantly starts spinning....

the only way to make it stop is to launch the in-game chat or Console OR stay in a vehicle the whole game

I only have 3 USB devices on my computer.

1. Logitech G9x Mouse

2. Generic Logitech Keyboard

3. my asus wifi dongle

at first i thought maybe there was some crap on the actual laser on my mouse. but the mouse works fine in all my other games and apps. ONLY In bf3 does it act up

ive tried to replug everything restart a whole bunch of times and i just cant figure out what it is.

Ive looked around on the internet and most people have some issue because of the controller they had plugged in.

but i dont have anything else

SO WHATS THE DEAL !?@#

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Are your drivers up to date

my G9x gaming software?

Software Version 8.46

Firmware Version 76.1

So...yes?

As a matter of fact i'll reinstall the software just for the sake of trouble shooting

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Are your drivers up to date

yup re installed the drivers....still same problem

There was a NVIDIA driver that caused mouse issues. can't remember which.  Try rolling back?

Or disable your aimbot :P

I got this problem before. What I ended up doing is redownload-reinstall the game. It will works and you can trust me on it

There was a NVIDIA driver that caused mouse issues. can't remember which.  Try rolling back?

Or disable your aimbot :P

My system is all AMD

and no Aimbots lol 

I got this problem before. What I ended up doing is redownload-reinstall the game. It will works and you can trust me on it

*sigh* i was hoping that would be the last final attempt

BF3 is a 34GB game with all the DLCs :(

I can save about 8GB since i have it on DVD....

but here goes nothing....

My system is all AMD

and no Aimbots lol 

if your hdd is large enough for some dead space, you can just save the installation files to it so if you need to reinstall there already downloaded, also you can do a repair install through origin if you right click the game, that might fix it

also do you mean actually spinning or the mouse shows this 

win7_cursor.gif

if its the spinning busy cursor its fraps being a resource hog

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

My system is all AMD

and no Aimbots lol 

You can recheck the files in Origin.

Right-click on game... Repair install.

If something is corrupted it should repair it.

You can also just make a backup of the DLC folders and reinstall BF3 and then copy the DLC folders back.

do a repair again and it will update any links or registry entries if there are any.

if your hdd is large enough for some dead space, you can just save the installation files to it so if you need to reinstall there already downloaded, also you can do a repair install through origin if you right click the game, that might fix it

also do you mean actually spinning or the mouse shows this 

win7_cursor.gif

if its the spinning busy cursor its fraps being a resource hog

The mouse spinning as in it stuck turning my player right . so my player keep spinning and i cant walk in a straight line or even aim down my sights.

You can recheck the files in Origin.

Right-click on game... Repair install.

If something is corrupted it should repair it.

You can also just make a backup of the DLC folders and reinstall BF3 and then copy the DLC folders back.

do a repair again and it will update any links or registry entries if there are any.

and i saw this post a few hours too late =[ 

ended up re installing from scratch...

AND IT STILL KEEPS SPINNING !!?@?#!?#!

Try a different mouse, yours could be defective

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

• 7 months later...

Try a different mouse, yours could be defective

I have tried 5 different mice

all still have the same problem

and for each of those mice ive even plugged them into different usb ports